SE Run to KISS

118 Posts | Latest reply on 03/09/2012 18:50:55 by xj | Go to original / last post
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Dave VM, Bill 306 and myself are planning a ride up to the Kiss rally aiming to get there by 2pm.   Dave & Bill 306 will be leaving Bexhill on Sea around 8 to 8-30am using Pease Pottage services as a meeting point, from there stopping just outside Oxford in Headington where there's a tea van and toilets.   I'm planning to leave Central London between 9-30 to 10am heading for the Oxford meeting point. We are planning to use motorways to Oxford if there are no learners on the ride, So if any learners want to join the run let us know before hand so non-motorway routes can be planned.   We plan to leave Oxford at 12 noon for the final part of the ride to Stoke Prior using A roads.   Please PM Dave or me if you're interested in joinning the run and at what point.   Ragnar                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

hmm if we back from dorset in time we happy to join in....                                                                                                                                                                             
DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

In: Bexhill On Sea
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

Have had a couple of members say they would like to do this, and join up with us along the route.   Dave                                                                                                                                                                             
colin675's Profile
colin675

In: Romney marsh
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

Dave which way are you going from bexhill ,i could come and join and ride with you. Colin                                                                                                                                                                             
DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

Colin,    Planning on going to Brighton A259/A27 then up the A/M23 where Pease Pottage services are for the first stop as per Ragnars post.    Going to use that as a meet point if there are any other members coming from that way.   Dave                                                                                                                                                                              
xj's Profile
xj

this is all well and good, but what day are you leaving? blimey, if i'm going to torture myself for a weekend living in a tescos carrier bag at least let me know what day the pain starts. getting there by two is good though, i should have the tent out of the bag by about 9;00 and will use it as a giant sleeping bag till i find the poles. need to check my shifts coz i may still have a cop out on this, will let y'all know.
DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

xj.   Good point that matey, slight administrative error there Embarrassed.  We are travelling up on Friday 31st August.   At least you've got a plastic carrier bag now instead of the paper bag you had before, you won't get wet when it rains Thumbs Up.                                                                                                                                                                              
xj's Profile
xj

Need to change me shift, book friday off and hopefully get ticket tonight. Boy will i be pissed off if it rains, bloody camping                                                                                                                                                                             
colin675's Profile
colin675

In: Romney marsh
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

Dave i will come to hastings and ride up with you both arrange time and where closer to time. Colin                                                                                                                                                                             
LovingLife's Profile
LovingLife

In: Nr Bath

Hi! I may join you at Oxford - may come total side roads instead - will confirm nearer the time. Helen x                                                                                                                                                                             
LovingLife's Profile
LovingLife

In: Nr Bath

Hi! I may join you at Oxford - may come total side roads instead - will confirm nearer the time. Helen x                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

Been and gone and done it now. Sorted time off, bought me ticket and had better get a sleepingbag i s'pose. Coming up from maidstone so will sort with ragnar bout meeting up to go up to oxford. Oh, where the hell is the rally?                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

You now you're going to love camping XJ.   When I know who's going up from London and where they are coming from I'll work out a good meeting place, At the moment I'm thinking of a spot by the Marylebone flyover in Paddington, if you can bear it. (I know it was bad but i couldn't help myself)                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

i'm not bloody camping  it will be an 'out of house experience'. if i don't like it i can set fire to the damn thing then not worry about carrying it home.                                                                                                                                                                              
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

I don't think any fires are allowed on site. so you'll have to take it home.                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

maybee you should get a sidecar and convert it to a mini caravan Xj?                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

Would that count as an upgrade to a cardboard box?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

xj if it rains you could always take the tent back to Tesco's and buy a dinghy LOL

Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

That's why he couldn't put the tent up, he didn't have a footpump.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

See you all there :)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 563 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption