Tax Disc Holder

27 Posts | Latest reply on 04/04/2012 22:55:50 by harry worth | Go to original / last post
dabe's Profile
dabe

In: Dunbar
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

thanks for clear'n that up Debs :) lol i'll stick this thing on n see how it looks am not a huge fan of shiny bits stuck on ma bike but gotta look better than the plastic effort at present lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

i did read somewhere that it had to be flat but not sure were                                                                                                                                                                               
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Mine is flat and in the top pocket of my jacket stops it getting pinched off the bike officer or you reply to the parking ticket with its not my fault your traffic warden didn't go to specsavers. and send a pic with it showing a clearly displayed tax disc on the near side of the bike
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

JP  Only issue there is traffic wardens are armed with the latest in high tech tablet pc things that take piccies too! 
grrrr I hate emm...
Anyways tho, U are right in that I never know n anyone gtn done fer failure to display.....database says its taxed,insured an MOTd so why bother looking for disc on bike....
That said,prob more likely a traffic warden would do u for it......more commision for him lol
A Police Officer got bigger fish to fry....so unlikely to bother.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

If it is legally parked thay have no reson to look                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Cannot remember the exact date and year but the Home Office gave a directive to the ACPOs that's the Association of Chief Police Officer's the single track vehicles need not display but must carry on the vehicle in a safe place the excise disc and upon request produce it to a police officer or traffic warden in uniform, The national Vehicle data base is used more often than people realise
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

Years ago I was parked in a bike bay near parliament and found a ticket on it for non display of tax disc, I found the copper just up the road and said whats this then, my tax was on inside of the lightly tinted screen, I couldn't see it there he said but you can now I said and he tore up the ticket.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3633 seconds. There are 1048 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption