Tax Disc Holder

27 Posts | Latest reply on 04/04/2012 22:55:50 by harry worth | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

The time has finally come to replace my tax disc holder but so far i'm struggling to find one with solid reviews that doesn't cost a fortune.

I know this isn't exactly exciting stuff but anyone bought a tax disc holder that has proven itself to be waterproof in regularly testing conditions and stayed on their bike?

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

one of these...

http://www.oberon-performance.com/acatalog/Cylindrical_Motorycle_UK_Tax_Disc_Holders.html

or there is a cheaper Motrax (I think) version on fleabay...

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks Neil                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I second that recommendation, it's proven to be completely water proof so far and has a quality feel.

Plus it looks good - even for a tax disc holder!                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Not put one on my bike in 6 years now just carry it in my wallet if I remember                                                                                                                                                                              
dabe's Profile
dabe

In: Dunbar
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

i saw a bike with one of these at the weekend it looks fab :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

mines the 'cheaper' version and so far so good.. fits nicelywith the frame tubes of my tiger.. Smile

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/22730494@N06/7017577545/][img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7271/7017577545_7a8d2ef642_z.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/22730494@N06/7017577545/]P1020217a[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/22730494@N06/]GUZZINEIL[/url], on Flickr

edit: oops just discovered that you cant link to images, so that was a bit of a waste :)
dabe's Profile
dabe

ordered one last night cheeky wee tenner on fleabay :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

jp - isn't it an offence not to display a licence on the vehicle?                                                                                                                                                                              
YID's Profile
YID

In: Scarborough
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Technically yes, but its on the database so plod doesn't have to get out of their car and the scameras can't see that It's not on, as a final line of defence just say it fell off or you had the last one nicked, only a copper who's just found out his wife is having it off with a biker would do you for it!
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

Got this from http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/How...G_10021514   The last paragraph is interesting.    Displaying your tax disc   Your vehicle tax disc must be displayed on the passenger side (kerb side) of the vehicle’s windscreen. If there’s no windscreen or you have a motorcycle or sidecar, you should display the tax disc on the kerb side of the vehicle.   A current tax disc must be displayed on the vehicle it was bought for. If you buy a new tax disc before your current tax disc expires, you should not display the new one until the old one has expired. The new tax disc is only valid from the first day of the month you have taxed from. The maximum penalty for failure to display a current tax disc is £200. The tax disc can not be transferred between vehicles.   If you use the electronic vehicle licensing service or tax by post at the end of the month, there’s now an exemption for not displaying a tax disc. This exemption covers the first five working days of the month to allow time for the new disc to arrive in the post. While you are still waiting for your tax disc you will need to display your current tax disc.   The exemption only applies if applications are made before the current tax disc or SORN expires.                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

Trust me on this if its on the system thay don't look and if thay do I get it out of my pocket. so unless you piss him/her off thay have better things to do than sorry about a none displayed tax disc                                                                                                                                                                              
Phil's Profile
Phil

unfortunately some of the plastic fantastics will give plod an excuse to look closely at the bike.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Would these be the same plastic fantastics that get done for the exhust system as its got NOT FOR ROAD USE stamped on it                                                                                                                                                                              
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

nah JP you can just polish that bit out! lol   be thankful in N ireland you also have to display an MOT disc which is like a tax disc but has MOT details on it! bloody stupid really as they can check the database to see if its taxed MOT'd & insured! Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

The cylnder type holders should not be used as the tax disc has to be flat not rolled                                                                                                                                                                             
dabe's Profile
dabe

really how'd ye know that ?   my shiny new cylnder one got delivered yesterday                                                                                                                                                                              
Phil's Profile
Phil

there is a database check but the Muppet's at the likes of legion security are tasked with checking to tax disks in my area. No tax disk you get a parking ticket and are then reported to the DVLA.                                                                                                                                                                              
dabe's Profile
dabe

yea but is it a rule it has to be displayed flat ?                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

the rule says
"Your vehicle tax disc must be displayed on the passenger side (kerb side) of the vehicle’s windscreen. If there’s no windscreen or you have a motorcycle or sidecar, you should display the tax disc on the kerb side of the vehicle."   nothing about it must be flat - but you must be able to read it.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.4063 seconds. There are 479 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption