Help.... I need jeans

21 Posts | Latest reply on 17/01/2012 20:23:47 by Harley Liz | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Ok, I need some bike jeans. Easy peasy you may think as you can buy jeans  in almost any shop in the country....... but it's getting more and more difficult to find real jeans. jeans that are NOT those 'orrible stretch ones. Women's jeans that have a decent length to the leg - at least a 33 - 34".  Jeans with straight legs instead of those dratted bootcut ones that flap like sails...... annnd most importantly of all, jeans that have a waistband that sits on the waist, rather than being so low cut that it disappears to the knees when you sit down, causing a great big draft!!!

Any ideas anyone!

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Bike or normal jeans ?? 

If you mean normal ... Asda do some 'old fashioned' (as my kids call them) Jeans , 

For bike jeans .. Triumph again do some nice ones                                                                                                                                                                              
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

In: Manchester

Hi PB, I've got some of these

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/conten...prod/50697

I really like them                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks Shell & HRC - I'll check those out!                                                                                                                                                                              
bomb doctor's Profile
bomb doctor

In: Cheshire

PB I get Hornee Jeans, their really stylish and comfortable. They also have some great testimonials and write ups. I'm sure the lasses jeans will be just as good as the blokes.   I know George White, Swindon stock them.   http://horneejeans.com/                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hey Bomb Doc, thanks for this - will check them out - after I've finished this dratted paperwork!                                                                                                                                                                              
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

hi Betty,  (if you are after bike jeans, with some protection) "red route"  denim with kevlar, have good solid ce aproved armour (in internal pockets) and good kevlar (again on inside) with baffle type streatch pannels, so armour/knees do not move around too much (its not much good if it does if you "need" it!!) i`ve had a pair of these about 2 years, for ocasional use, and recomended. "biker gear" from australia, good quality, with kevlar on bum n front of knees/hip at most likely impact areas, though lighter (better on hot sunny days if walking about) good for "pop down town" at 30mph speeds, but give protection, and nicer to walk about in than heavier kit. neither fasten to jackets, but have found "dainese" looped belt zip, which goes over a normal leather belt, in jeans, which adapts to their jackets (£20)                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

normal everyday jeans - joe browns bike jeans - Halvarssons                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Lots to go at here - thanks everyone.

@ XK  Confused

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i know exactly what you mean about jeans if you mean for not on bike what happened to good proper denim like levi's used to be - all the ones in shops are more like legging matieral now!!!   i have got some kevlar RST ones (aswell as the usual leather pants and waterproof ones) which are fine on bike and have good high back but to be honest i dont like hte fit on me ar**... i also have some harley ones that are lovely proper thick denim but they are a bit more loose fit....trouble is the hipster ones which i love the fit of and are really flattering are about as much use riding my bike as a chocolate teapot!! my search continues... lol ... good luck with yours purplebetty Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I've said nowt, so why the 'Confused' ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

PB, Marks & Spencer? Proper waisters, not hipsters.  I usually get 'boot cut', or flairs/flares as I know them, they probably do straight leg. They also do different leg lengths.   Sainsbury's 'TU' brand? Maybe other supermarkets too?    Try charity shops too, they always have a good selection of jeans.                                                                                                                                                                                
Harley Liz's Profile
Harley Liz

In: Chesterfield

I have Hood jeans. They are great. Fit well, comfy and aramid (kevlar) lined for extra security.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi Liz,

Thanks for that....looks like I've got plenty to go at now!...yippeee!

Harley Liz's Profile
Harley Liz

No probs purplebetty,
You kind of remind me of someone - did you ever work in London back in the ྖs?   Cheers,   Liz                                                                                                                                                                             
Harley Liz's Profile
Harley Liz

That should've said Nineties but didn't come out right.   PS Forgot to say the Hood jeans folk are related to the people who used to make Falmer jeans - bet you remember those. So they fit well.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I've just had a look at the hoods for women K7 style and they're just what I'm looking for - a bonus too in that they go up to a 36 leg...brilliant!!! Really appreciate this Liz.

Although I visit London often I've never worked there - in the nineties I was teaching in schools around Wakefield and Leeds here in Yorkshire.  I guess I've got one of those faces!

a few years ago I was visiting a trade warehouse, and going down the stairs on the way out a woman coming up started speaking to me. I didn't know her, but she got really huffy and accused me of pretending not to know her, and then started yelling at me. In the end security staff were called and I had to show them  (not her) my driving license to prove  who i was and that she was the bonkers one....it's a weird world!!!

rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

U definately right about the fabric used now, I just found a very old pair of jeans whilst turning out ragbag in garage, they at least twice the weight of todays denim....proper old Levi's,hmm wonder if I can sqweeeze into emm.....they got few holes but otherwise fine...Approve

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yes I know. Today's jeans are rubbish. Because of the so called 'stretch' element to them now, I find holes appear within a couple of months, simply because the fibre of the weave is so weak. ....... and as for squeezing into old favourites...... lets not go there!!!=)) rolling on the floor

some of these recommended here really appeal to me tho' - especially the hood jeans - cos they're long enough for me!

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

If it wasn't for the strecth in jeans I'd probably not get into any lol                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.0928 seconds. There are 634 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption