What's the game where you knock on a door then run away?

25 Posts | Latest reply on 29/12/2011 17:46:44 by ZZRpilot | Go to original / last post
Roughie's Profile
Roughie

In: Surrey
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

I thought it was knockdown ginger Smile

nope apparently in 2011 it's called Parcelforce! Angry                                                                                                                                                                              
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

lol
i thout that just text it no

Gizzmo7's Profile
Gizzmo7

In: Fareham

Isnt it something like knockie-nine-doors?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

PMSL - Parcelforce. I had a similar experience yesterday!   On the subject, we called it Red Apple, i dont know why!                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I thought it was DHL   Deffo a ginger involved ..... knockie ginger?                                                                                                                                                                             
Mark T120V's Profile
Mark T120V

In: Cheshire

We used to call it 'Thunder and Lightening' in Liverpool. You thundered on the door and then ran like lightening!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Knock down ginger for us in Manchester too :-)

But think the postman is in competition with your parcel force man for the title !

Ps thanks for the giggle this post gave me lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

LOL LOL LOL   excellent !! that made me chuckle                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

Thanks Chrissie, you made me laugh - I had the same experience at the beginning of the week  - it must be part of there basic training to tap softly and LEG IT!  hehehe                                                                                                                                                                              
BlueHornet's Profile
BlueHornet

In: Leeds-ish

Around our way we used to call it knock-a-door run. I think that just goes to show how imaginative we were!

WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

agreed our postman knocks then run like fCensoredk i think he,s in the wrong job !                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

I recall the game but don't recall it ever having a title, I expect it did have but I don't recall it.       The regular postie, on the street where I live, doesn't run but he walks very fast and he's always plugged into his MP3 so doesn't hear when called.   I told him the addressee doesn't live at my address, he asked if the address was correct, I said yes Confused he said 'I can't take it back, it's been correctly delivered'    What?! lol                                                                                                                                                                                   
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

It's parcel force that does it to me.
When I was a child in Hull it was Knocking of Ginger but we would also tie a piece of string to the door knob with a milk bottle on the other end on a window ledge and knock, or some times tie each end to two door knobs on doors next to each other and knock on both doors. LOL
iceybusa's Profile
iceybusa

In: Moreton In Marsh
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

I don't remember what we! called it around our way when i was a lad but do recall that they! called it ''..get stuffed you little bleeders'' which, whilst not being particularly polite was not nearly as bad as the ''..i know who your parents are''                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i don't know - i was a virtuous child...........                                                                                                                                                                             
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

In: Stockport
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Knock and Run round here.  Talking of knocking....what's all this unappreciative slagging off of Parcelforce, your Postmen/women and other courier firms ??????.

In my 23rd year with Royal Mail now.  I have been a Postie for the majority of it but, done Parcel delivery as well.  We do a fantastic job for a generally ungrateful public, who don't deserve the service they get.  You should see the stuff that has been through our delivery office in the last few weeks !.
  Oh, but most of you are still in bed when the work is getting done. Still in bed when the parcel mans calls in his van. loaded with hundreds of parcels, which have to be delivered in his shift time, because his bosses have been told to cut the overtime payments out.
 Then he is stood on "your" step losing valuable time, while "you"

1) can't find your dressing gown/slippers
2) can't find your glasses
3) have to put the dog in the kitchen
4) are unwilling to finish your phonecall
5) look gormlessley through the door, unable to recognise the uniform/van
6) Need to take the cake out of the oven
7) shout from the toilet "who is it?.
8) can't find your keys
9)just can't be "arsed" to get a wriggle on etc etc

Then ask "what is it?", when YOU  bloody ordered it???.  Give us a break!!!!.
  Some of the Courier firms are on owner driver contracts and have to deliver 70 parcels each day BEFORE they start making any money/bonus payments to cover thier costs.  We are talking just a few pence each item.
  Duhrrrr, maybe thats why they don't hang around waiting for you lot to, finally, answer the door ???

Probably have families to feed and bills to pay too.
Try delivering 70 parcels and see how long it takes

As for wrongly addressed letters,  Royal Mail are obliged by law to deliver mail "as addressed".  Your Postie probably knows who lives at your address if he is your regular.  He probably knows if a letter is for a previous occupier etc, but, he HAS to deliver the letter by law, or possibly/probably lose his job. The mail is regarded as "The Queens Mail" until it is delivered to you and for that reason, your Postie is not "obliged" to take any mail wrongly addressed/delivered back, from you. Although a lot will.  If you want to stop any mail for previous occupiers etc.  Contact your local delivery office and ask them to deliver only mail for the persons listed at the address and clarify/list who they are.  They may make the odd mistake in future but that is HUMAN, and that is why they put "rubbers/erasers" on pencils...because people make mistakes

Rant over!!!  Hope you all had a good christmas....you moaning gits
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Did you manage to breath clarkee?;0)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

lol at Clarkee, glad you got that off your chest hun?? LOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Reminds me of the bus driver who didn't stop to pick up his passengers, 'cos if he did so, he couldn't keep to his timetable!Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

In: Stockport
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Lethegoodtimesrol, had plenty of time to breath thanks....I was two finger typing lol

Boss Mom, feel strangely liberated thanks.

XK, the customer is always right.....but, Joe Public is an A***hole!

Merry Christmas again

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7656 seconds. There are 577 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption