Brake then clunk

38 Posts | Latest reply on 20/12/2011 23:26:41 by Minnie the Minx | Go to original / last post
YZFJohn's Profile
YZFJohn

In: Peterborough
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Sorry Minnie!  You were talking about snow, couldn't resist Disapprove

harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

Yes you keep that white stuff up your neck of the woods.Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

i suppose virgin snow does turn to grubby slush Wacko                                                                                                                                                                              
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

yee Bill right messy!!   Consider yer thread well an truly hijacked  lol x                                                                                                                                                                             
Littlefecker's Profile
Littlefecker

In: Sheffield
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

Is yer back wheel square n followin the front one ? LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Now look here!...Have you any idea of the anxiety my clunk is causing me you insensitive lot!                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

aah square wheel THAT would explain it lf  hehe U btr take a look minnie...does the front wheel look a different shape ie rounded (thats lke a digestive biccy min) to the rear one which is perhaps more to the shape of a after eight mint (square)... Hope that helps minn...liike to help we does.....                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

nom nom nom....someone mention after eight mints?                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

so U gonna try rocking bike wiv brakes on when snowy stuff gone minn?                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

When conditions improve won't be able to stop me rockin Andy lol                                                                                                                                                                                 
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

lol minn....good fer ya...i was thinking more on yer little problem, but no answers  lol hmm brake..clunk....it soes sound like u runnin sumone over lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Sit on bike and rock it forward and back, does it clunk without brakes on??   If not, apply front brake only...does it clunk?  if yes then it could be head bearing, loose caliper or disc or loose pads, or even a loose wheel spindle, could even be a failing/failed bearing.  Could even be a problem with the forks.   If not, apply back brake only....does it clunk?  if yes then it could be loose torque bar, loose caliper or disc or loose pads, or even a loose wheel spindle, could even be a failing/failed bearing, or highly unlike but possible could be the cushdrive rubbers have worn.                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

Cheers FJ. I've got loads of suggestions to try now. Don't have a garage so just waiting for an opportunity when it's not snowing, blowing a gale, lashing with rain, there's some daylight and I'm at home and I'm not getting ready to go out or suffering from a hangover lol!
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Thats end of may then lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Minnie the Minx

No JP, almost optimum conditions for conducting a clunk survey today, hurrah
and the good news is......No mysterious clunk since Podnil / Steve fettled my chain Thumbs Up Big smile   and the bad news is......front tyre went flat Thumbs Down Cry   Never had a flat tyre before and thought those roads seemed terribly greasy today, so didn't stay out long...hope I haven't wrecked it Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
baza 2458's Profile
baza 2458

In: brighton

have you got fully floating discs as they wear they go clunk when you brake and pull away                                                                                                                                                                             
podnil's Profile
podnil

In: Manchester

Awwwwww Minnie.
Sorry to hear about your flat tyre hun.
I very much doubt that you will have caused it any damage whilst riding. You would have to do a fair few miles with it completely flat to cause damage from the wheel rim digging into the tyre, so don`t worry.
Chances are you`ve just run over something. Use a car foot pump and pump it up and see if you can hear where the leak is coming from.
Occasionally a tyre may go flat for no reason, but if you can detect where the leak is coming from, draw a circle round it with a marker pen.

Hope you get it fixed Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

Hiya Steve.....bummer about the tyre but my daughter's boyfriend will give me hand with sorting that out But hey, thanks ever so for sorting out my chain...I really appreciate that   I also found a devilishly clever place to hide the Grasmere gingerbread so it wasn't found by any offsprings, and I have just scoffed the last bit...cheers, cheers and thrice cheers!   Doesn't take a lot to keep me happy lol                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6875 seconds. There are 1030 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption