Brake then clunk

38 Posts | Latest reply on 20/12/2011 23:26:41 by Minnie the Minx | Go to original / last post
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Right, here's the green girl picking brains again. Done about 35 miles today and bike behaved prefectly round south Lakes twisties. As I met traffic going through town I noticed a distinct "clunk".   Slowing down and changing down the gears, into first gear then riding at slow speed using the clutch, and back & front brakes. When I came to a complete stop there was a distinct "clunk" that I've never heard before. I think it was coming from the front wheel or maybe the front of the engine but I'm not sure   (I can't locate sounds very well because of the problem I have with my deafness)...but I didn't just hear it I could kind of feel it too   Any ideas mes amis? xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Stone!  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

OOOooooooooh, really??? Or are you taking the mickey Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

kinda.  But it really could be lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Rooster roo's Profile
Rooster roo

In: Nottingham for n
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi Minn have you checked the oil levels make sure they're not dry... Hope it's nothing major and you sort it Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Check your chain could be slack then front and rear brake pads if all ok get a mate to check your head race bearings its very unlikely that its them but check them any way                                                                                                                                                                              
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

check your brakes as JP says and could also be front wheel bearings... if you're "feeling" it then most likely brakes or bearings                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

Thanks you lot   My instincts were kind of telling me that my brakes weren't quite right when I went out last week.   Today I set off riding round the block and trying them a few times then thought, nawww, they is fine.   I think the best thing to do is take it in to get it looked at. Shouldn't mess around with brakes should I                                                                                                                                                                             
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

Check rear brake torque arm is tight.                                                                                                                                                                              
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

try braking with front brake only if whatever still happens its front end only check front wheel spindle is tight put one hand on the yolk and fame apply front brake rock bike forward/backwards should feel no movement                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Steering headbearings would be the first thing i'd check                                                                                                                                                                              
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

All sound advice,pads moving in caliper a little? Try puting front brake on and rocking bike to an fro..can u hear noise? |do same wiv back brake... Finally..check the nut behind the handlebars.....LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

u not run over jimmy savill have U? clunk clik every trip..                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

Funny ha ha smarty pants! Stop making bloody clever remarks and come up to Cumbria to listen to my clunking in person....I'm just up the road from you. lol                                                                                                                                                                              
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

Haven't you found out the cause yet Minnie.                                                                                                                                                                              
Minnie the Minx

Errr no....it's snowing!                                                                                                                                                                             
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

and you can keep it up there thanx :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

Wish we didn't have it up here mic....snow does nothing for me....the Swiss can keep it all   Ooooooh I hate this weather and it's sleeting again. I haven't got my bike dry enough since I was out Thursday to get the cover on....I've got that negligent owner feeling again                                                                                                                                                                             
YZFJohn's Profile
YZFJohn

In: Peterborough

Snow is like a Virgin on her Wedding Night, she knows she's getting it, just not how many Inches? Confused

Minnie the Minx

OI!!   Stop highjacking my thread with grubby slush!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7500 seconds. There are 1100 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption