you can tell winters here

27 Posts | Latest reply on 27/10/2011 13:17:43 by Brunette Biker | Go to original / last post
IanT1966's Profile
IanT1966

In: Birkenhead
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

Yon can tell winters here as I've had to light my wood burning stove for the first time.Angry
Any young ladies fancy getting all snuggly in front of it with me?Big smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

You need to behave Big smile and yes I agree with you, winters here!! I had to de-ice the car this morning Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                             
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

In: Manchester

I've just put the liner back in my bike jacket, bought some winter gloves and dug out my thermals for the weekend ride out                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'm still wearing my summer gloves...

heated grips up to 11 though this morning Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Putting liner in my jacket for Saturdays lesson and digging the textile trousers out 'cause jeans just did not cut it last week.  Not sure I'll be resorting to thermals... just yet anyways!                                                                                                                                                                             
mizzi's Profile
mizzi

In: Colne

lol thankfully avoided the motorway as i didnt fancy the windchill on the way home despite wearing lots of layers...thankfully i was snuggly warm :-) cant beat thermals loobylou-id much rather look like michelin woman and be snuggly toasty warm than an icicle lol
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

@mizzy & Loobyloo

yup.. winter gear = Thermals & occasional Rainsuit.  I might look like pillock, but i'm a warm & dry pillock! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

My thermals were bought with winter walking, camping & mountaineering in mind, not been out of box yet.  Think I'll see how I go this weekend first with techie t-shirt & fleece aswell as textile trousers.  Don't want to get winter gear out just yet incase it gets lots worse!!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Cold weather, we all know isn't great on a bike. But it does have it's advantages. On the ball, all the time. Good practice. And isn't it funny, when you jump in a car and have to turn the heating down. Or is that just me? Goatskins are the way forward but they don't button down to well. Everyone be safe this winter.
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Oh yes winter's here. Bike to work Thursday morning...fingers numb by the time I got there and my cheeks really rosey and burning hot all day once I thawed out....think I got freezer burn or is that just what frostbites like?                                                                                                                                                                             
IanT1966's Profile
IanT1966

In: Birkenhead
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

me behave Elliemay and where's the fun in thatBig smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Here's a tip for winter riding, or even just keeping warm what ever you're doing. Heat up one of those theraputic gel pacs in the microwave then place it across your chest if it's big enough under a jacket, I use a velcro strap to keep it in place, it keeps your core temp warm & stops your extremeties from getting cold. I've got heated grips but I rarely use them 'til I've done at least twenty miles in the coldest weather 'cause of the gel pack, it's good for around the house too, saves on heating bills which are flipping sky high at the moment, give it a go & see what you think.Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Ninja Lou's Profile
Ninja Lou

In: Swadlincote
22% Karma22% Karma 22% Karma22% Karma

I had a hot water bottle down my front Tuesday night prob not Ideal but it was dam cold !                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

lol - try hot water in it next time mand! xx                                                                                                                                                                             
potnoodles's Profile
potnoodles

In: Sheffield

Sounds like a bunch of girls !!! Oh wait you are LOL. WInter aint here yet, and made it fine up north again in my usual summer gear except the gloves.

Littlefecker's Profile
Littlefecker

In: Sheffield
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

We're hardcore oop north, folks still walkin about dressed for t'summer, I kid you not! mind you the *chicken skin* look is sooooooooo not a very attractive look LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I resorted to buying a pair of pjs today!  I'm used to having someone to snuggle up so this change in the weather is most unwelcome.  Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

A few years ago when I started riding I discovered a heated fleece waistcoat which has a little battery pack that on full lasts 5 hours, on mid setting (it has 9 heat settings) lasts 8 hours, it has 2 panels on either side of your chest and a 3rd across your kidneys ... Was £50 with a couple of spare batteries, the batteries are rechargeable ones not AA etc it was well worth the pennies, especially at cold camps or below my jacket on a cold days riding ... I think Bill got one too......
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Big yellow jacket over your bike jacket for those coldest days or long, cold journeys.  That's all you need.

Plus, a big white and red motorcycle being ridden at a ton plus in the right hand lane by a guy with a yellow jacket and a white helmet is a great way of beating traffic lol!  Seriously, everyone moves out of the way; I've even had people move into the right hand lane well ahead, then spot me coming and quickly swerve back into the middle lane and out of my way lol!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

motorcycle being ridden at a ton plus   kph I trust Geoff, ErmmWink                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 768 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption