Weekend on a canal barge - do you fancy it?

634 Posts | Latest reply on 10/05/2012 21:28:38 by bluesbiker | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Just checking out whether folk would be inetersted in spending a weekend 'messing about on the water'

Am sourcing prices and stuff for a long weekend, Fri to Mon on canal barges, gauging interest before ploughing ahead :)

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Should be interesting to see a barge wiv umpteen bikes on board pootling down the canalLOL   I'm in.Approve                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

I would be very interested in this one Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

I would love to do this!     I was brought up around the canals/rivers/lakes...  my best friend lived on a houseboat and we used to knock about on a punt and canoes and I used to walk a Shire Horse along the canal towing a narrow boat for the tourists! lolThumbs Up   It can be quite expensive to hire a narrow boat tho.      A couple of mates of mine went on a 'night under canvas' holiday where you literally were given just a sleeping space on the narrow boat, no other facilties ( toilet was a hole at the end of the boat.. !! )  not sure I would want to do that ..but hey ho.   XK.... I guess you mean pushbikes?   LOL                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Kaz, Ziggy should feel quite at home messing about on the water, what wiv her covered in ducktape an all!LOL

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

At first costings its working out at approx £60-£65 per person for Fri to Mon , i am hoping to bring that cost down :)

This is based on 8 - 10 sharing a proper big boaty thing with toilets , shower , kitchens and stuff lol

Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Oi XK... Ziggy is a 'He' .. no female would ever be so stubborn!!  LOL  and he doesn't like water as much as I thought.. he had a reet hissy fit when I attempted to leave Squires in the monsoon last Sunday!!  lol   ...based on 8 - 10 sharing a proper big boaty thing with toilets , shower , kitchens and stuff lol lol @ jackieLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Getting a bit worried already - toilets , shower , kitchens  - no mention of a bar areaUnhappy                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

You pootle about and find bars XK lol its like a floating pub crawl :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

ooooo I'd be up for this. Always wanted to do a canal boat hol Thumbs Up If we get Spesh along aswell, he'd want to be captain though (what with his Navy background!) LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

How long do we have to float for, between pubs?                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Capt Spesh .................. mmmmmm best think that 1 through lol

Depends on ballast XK lol

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thumbs UpWould be interested in this too thanks Jackie

sal x

Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

In: sheffield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

BJ  I hope the canal is deep enough for a russian sub marine so I can keep an eye on you otherwise I'll have to come onboard,                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Which canal have you been lookin at?   ooooooooh love canals pleeeeeese can I come   I know how to drive a narrow boat Thumbs Up...just like controlling a 70 foot supermarket trolley with bad wheels                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yes please if we can take the bike with usThumbs Uplol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sounds like fun, what date are you thinking of? If I'm not working I'd be up for this Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
IanT1966's Profile
IanT1966

In: Birkenhead
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

Can I fit the motor on the boat with a set of K&Ns and nice loud pipe,
I would be in for sure if I could.Big smile

Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Been in a canal ...so will be up for this one LOL

Will need to confirm nearer time depending on spare cash.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

sounds like a good wkend this,,,,but as usual depends on time off work,,,and  funds......and dates...Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 576 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption