What is your riding experience like?

50 Posts | Latest reply on 22/09/2011 05:32:30 by potnoodles | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Don't know about you, but riding a bike is so much more than jumping on a vehicle and going from A to B. I think that riding a bike ought to be like music, it should be a harmonious experience in every thing you do on it, from pulling the clutch lever in to opening the throttle up slowly and deliberately, increasing the revs to the sound of pure pure music coming out of your exhausts.I also take great pleasure, most of the time, from doing things properly, like always indicating and showing respect to other road users, from nodding to car drivers for being considerate but most of all from knowing that, as a biker, i am a representative of the biking community and therefore ought always, well most of the time, to ride with a desire that other road users see us, not as somebody that rips past them full throttle popping wheelies down the road, although that can be fun Smile, or as mindless people ripping up the law book and doing as we please, giving decent bikers a bad name but as people that really love riding bikes and respecting others when we do so.Be nice to know others thoughts on riding their bikes.                                                                                                                                                                             
potnoodles's Profile
potnoodles

In: Sheffield

I ride a bike as it makes me smile inside and always puts me in a happy place.                                                                                                                                                                              
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

My 2p worth.....I don't ride, I pilly.   An ex partner of mine had a Bandit. I had never been on a bike before and the 1st time I went on the back, it was great.    The 2nd time was a nightmare and I was scared beyond belief.This was due to a combination of him not explaining to me how to pilly, especially when he opened it up. I put all of my gear for sale on ebay but it didn't sell.   Thanks to a very caring and considerate ex BM member, I had my next pilly ride up to Big D's and Devils Bridge and it was great and I really enjoyed it. Many thanks to that guy for restoring my confidence. Thumbs Up   I then spent a few months being the perminant pilly on the back of a HD Night Train......WOW, did I mention the vibrations!!!!!   Thanks to a couple of BM members (Heart), I have been fortunate to pilly on the back of a BMW (he has to keep checking that I am awake...lol) and a Triumph Speedmaster (he has also learnt the hand movement ((Wink)) for checking if I am still awake...lol).   My riding experience = wow and bring it on, loving it Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                  
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

All what you said Marky, bandit lover I once had a pillion that sounds same as you, I would get a night ferry land in France go into Belgium fill up before Germany then ride 200 miles stop for fuel wake her up and she would say are we in Germany yet "yes halfway through my love next stop in Austria goodnight".
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I hate it.  Don't know why I still do it.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Lol geoff.                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

i`m with you geoff,   cold, damp, windy, expensive, noisy anti social things,   not to mention the bad parts!                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Exactly.  Why do we do it?

Actually, when you put it like that Yeti, it does sound daft that we'd enjoy it lol!                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

i blame my unckle peter, honestly what was he thinking taking an impreshionable 5 year old out sat on the tank of his norton comando? (yes it was when they were new !!)   i`m a bear of little brain, it takes me a while to think stuff through!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ah it must be the 'Life begins at 40' kicking in at last then for me, so either you two are past it or haven't quite arrived yet.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Apologies, I missed the point                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sorry Dave don't get what you mean?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I only ever ride my bike when i'm in the zone, can't stand riding it when i'm tired, got alot on my mind etc etc. I love driving my car in the same vain... sorry Markie I don't get your post, just thought that was the norm to me                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

That's fine Dave, i don't expect everyone to feel the same all of the time, or any of the time, everyone has different opinions, hence the post, to find out how people feel about riding and being a biker.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

surely there is only way to ride it and that's to have fun!!!, i reckon i'm a retard unless .......                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

well i find sitting on the set is a good star and facing front got to be a must 

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Big smile I ride because it makes me feel good. I have to concentrate which in a car i must admit to having those moments when you cant remember getting to the place you found your self at.....usually work. Riding a bike makes you feel alive more than anything i know Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

My thoughts on riding experience are much the same as in your opening paragraph Markie. Only difference is the “popping wheelies down the road, although that can be fun.”   I wouldn’t know how to pull a wheelie, although someone did say its worth 3 points so I haven’t bothered trying. (I still would’ve liked to have experienced it though).   My personal experience its being able to control my bike confidently. It’s also knowing what my abilities are in any given situation and not being afraid to retreat into a comfort-zone if things get too heavy.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Who's wiping who's arse here                                                                                                                                                                             
mizzi's Profile
mizzi

In: Colne

Totally with u on that one nut... It's the best thing ever especially with our jobs...

On a bike it's me, bike, road and all the other idiots trying to kill me because I'm invisible...and it makes me giggle my arse off like nothing else can...puts all the shite in perspective and chills me out!

No matter which road I'm on it's all good so long as it's on 2 wheels and I love it-nothing can beat it xx

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 711 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption