Just an idea

27 Posts | Latest reply on 07/08/2011 12:42:54 by Sanzuki | Go to original / last post
Sanzuki's Profile
Sanzuki

In: Salford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Is there any events for charity like a womans ride for breast cancer or a mans ride out for testicular cancer? If not would anyone want to do it? Both events on different days, we could arrange pick up for women or men that want to do it and ride pillion if they have no bike xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

There was supposed to be one earlier this year but it never came off.  I would certainly be interested in supporting either cause if it was something I could get to.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

All fund raising rides are popular events. Maybe our events organisers would sort something out in their respective areas?                                                                                                                                                                                 
Sanzuki's Profile
Sanzuki

I would be up for it, not to good at the organising thing so if anything takes off put me down, Cancer research are quite supportive if its for them x                                                                                                                                                                             
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

Might be able to sort something out in this area, perhaps coupled with some sort of treasure hunt on bikes. I'll put my thinking cap on.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

There are plans a foot for cancer charity cause for next year but its not a ride out sorry lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Sanzuki's Profile
Sanzuki

Shame, they do one in America, women go from all over the country its a big thing, for breast cancer. They bring out all the trikes and fancy bikes, do stalls, tattoos, peircings, clothing with the breast cancer logo on, in each major city they stop in. People come out to see them pass. Something that could grow over the years. It is for women only, the guys do the organising and stuff if they want to get involved and vise versa for the testicular cancer one. Cry if i had the time i would look into it. Thanks anyway guys. Let me know of the charity stuff you do i walk a marathon each year for cancer research been looking into some more extreme stuff to do xx
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

There is a national ride out for ladies called Breast Way Round take splace in May each year i think, am sure they have their own website, maybe worth taking a look.

As was stated earlier, plans were started for BM folk to join in with this but it never went ahead for various reasons.
Sanzuki's Profile
Sanzuki

Will have a look on t'internet for that Jackie thanks love. Just seems a real shame there so many female riders and pillions we couldnt make a difference to something or someone somewhere Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Sanzuki's Profile
Sanzuki

Simon i think its a great idea, iv just sent an email to breastway round. Would be great to do a treasure hunt x                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Hardest part is trying to find the line between organising something that costs folk money as well as asking them to donate lol                                                                                                                                                                              
desres's Profile
desres

In: Pontblyddyn

Love the idea of a treasure hunt on bikes Simon, and if it can raise some cash for a good cause too, count me in.                                                                                                                                                                             
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

I'll work on it and get something sorted, although it will be in the Cambridgeshire area. I have a pub in mind for the finishing point which may be able to provide an evening BBQ and they have a bit of room for camping so people can have a few beers afterwards. Leave it with me and I'll do what I can.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yes could sort ride out in notts no probs x                                                                                                                                                                             
bobbyfrankenstein's Profile
bobbyfrankenstein

In: Buxton
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

i took part in something called the castles rally(in scotland) in the 80s. the idea could be used for raising money for cancer research. 16 places of interest, picture of your bike with the place of interest, to prove you went there! you pay for the list, if you complete you get some kind of badge/patch, and a little award for best picture! it can be done over a few months, but a cut off date is needed! i lived in crewe at the time and did 1700 miles in 10 days! did it on an xs750 yam.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

If there is some thing up my end count me inBeer                                                                                                                                                                             
Sanzuki's Profile
Sanzuki

Maybe the treasure hunt would be good Simon, let us know if i can help out. If im loading my bike up with petrol im not gonna donate but i would hopefully be able to raise donations off other people. Think you maybe right on the cost thing, but there must be ways around it. I may contact one of the charities and see what they say, what dya think? x
Sanzuki's Profile
Sanzuki

What Bobby did sounds great, maybe we could lead upto that if we can get something going x Thumbs Up x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yorky,

That's on hell of a statement, are you drunk again???? LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I'd need a torch for that, lol (to see up to the end)   Behave Z62, you're a bad influence LOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6875 seconds. There are 576 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption