What s a biker?

99 Posts | Latest reply on 10/09/2011 09:24:58 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
potnoodles's Profile
potnoodles

In: Sheffield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

What is a biker? Is it a state of mind? Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

If you've never climbed a mountain, no matter what your state of mind, you cannot call yourself a mountaineer. If you can't swim, and although you are in love with the swimming world, you can't say you are a swimmer.                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

Somebody who rides/pillions a bike on a regular basis and is part of the biking community,

Somebody who thoroughly enjoys the thrill of the open road and being in the company of like minded people.

Thumbs Up xx Boody

Scooterboy's Profile
Scooterboy

In: Nottingham

ermmmm......can scooterboy comment.......maybe I shud shut up and get a proper bike lol lol lol lol LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

what scoot sied Wink

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I have ridden bikes since I was 9 yo . I passed my bike test 4 years before I even bothered to get my car licence . I currently own 3 bikes but have no car .I ride everywhere, it is my  number 1 form of transport, it always has been and always will be  .  Despite this I am not a biker never have been never will be and do not want to be  .
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

So what's your definition of a biker, Katooom?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I really don't know what a biker is XKLYBR . But I know what not being one is . I am just a person who uses bikes as transport as a means to an end .I have no idea who won any motorcycle race in the last 36 years I have no interest  .But I did ride in competative trials as a kid . I do not know what the latest hot poop bike is . But I genrally buy from smaller manufacturers like KTM and Aprilia .I see many bikes in London and do not know who or what they all are ... But I could fix or repair any problem on  any of them with the  the correct tools .  I require not badges nor lableing or being  pidgeon holed into a section of society by the transport I use .
In a fultile attempt at an answer....... I think maybe a biker could be someone who over inflates motorcycle culture into something far grander than just transport ? Maybe it is the people who do set themself apart from others  just from  something they do at the weekend ?  Perhaps "bikers" are the snobs of the motorised vehicular world ?? Maybe someone who buys MCN or the glossy mags and  watches bike racing on the telly but does not own a bike is more "biker" than me  ? But really I do not know .
wenders's Profile
wenders

In: Never Never Land

Don't think its a state of mind, it's in your heart and soul, a part of your very being, runs through your veins, a lifestyle choice!!!!
As you will all know, when you ride you and your bike become one, a feeling hard to find in any other area of life (apart from the obvious of course!!)   Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Katooom aka No.6   "I am not a biker, I am a free man!"Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

katooom
y are u on a biker dating site if u think bikers /motecyclests if u do not want to be classed as none of them ???? just interested is all im nosie Wink

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well Kaycat I ended up here as it was advertised on my usual euro bike forum and just tawt I would have a look  .I do enjoy a good forum be it about  science, finance ,politics or cheese. I can happily  annoy and argue on any subject )))                                                                                                                                                                              
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

lol cool lol well sorry but that sound like so meny bikers i no Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

We want...information.Stern Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

who from xl hun x                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I am not a biker .... I have  bikes ... dammit you bloody bikers always trying to capture the unwary in to your cult .

kaycat's Profile
kaycat

i like pets kat Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

if folk like lables, and are happy to be called "biker" then i guess they are one? if some folk do not like lables then so what?   i`m for the call it like you see it gang, (by the way i cut the lables out of stuff)   being judged by what you do, like, or look like, they have a word for that don`t they?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Information information  information                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

TMI!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7813 seconds. There are 573 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption