friendship

28 Posts | Latest reply on 13/07/2011 16:33:04 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Friendship amongst the biking community,, what its allways meant to me.
Helping out a mate in need be it with a lift or lending a spanner,
Joining up with like minded people to be sociable,
Picking somebody up after an "off",
Buy a coffee and having a good chat,
Offering to help set up tents etc,
Never seeing a mate struggle or do without when you can help,
Taking the time to listen when a mate needs you,

I would like to think that some folks might agree with meYing Yang                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Well, I did think of helping you up after your last visit with the road, but I was too busy laughingLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

lol git! ill keep my chilled shandy to myself ,,huh !! ,,(sticks nose in air n flounces orf) !!!!Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

boody i use this philosophy to all folks but it dont seam to be passed back much think it call being a Mug !!! but i shall continue to do so when i deem fit to Beer       good god ive just realised how boring i sound LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

im one of those ,>>> what goes around cums around types , Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yes agree with you all absolutely. But what you're saying WheelyNealy is unfortunate. It’s a pity, but this site could do with an ‘Add friend’ tab same as Facebook?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hey Boody,

I like your philosophy and so far although I haven't had to put it all to the test I'm happy to say it's pretty much what I have found since being on BM and meeting the peeps I have so far.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Dont think there are many Bm members that I would turn away if thay were in need. As for mates would always help if i could but some have took the p in the past                                                                                                                                                                             
wenders's Profile
wenders

In: Never Never Land

Very nicely said Boody and defo wot i have found with the peeps on here so far!!! Totally agree hun xx     OI JP...please do tell....Who are the very few that you would turn away?????  Forewarned is forearmed!!!! Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I hear you JP. But my biking buddies (not here) have never let me down. I’ve found it’s the non-biking-so-called friends that can and have taken the p (some not all).                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Up until I joined this site I'd had the same best friend for over 30 years and no others that I would really trust, just people I would loosely call "friends".
That's all changed, and I've met some really good people who I know would be there for me whenever I needed them and hopefully they know the same applies for them too and they will know who they are.                                                                                                                                                                               
gixergal's Profile
gixergal

In: North East Linco
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Boody, I totally agree with you... after all, that's what friendship is supposed to be about.

WheelyNealy... I agree, as there are unfortunately a limited few that are like that but I shall not let that deter me from being there for someone in need.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I treat everyone the same way I like to be treated Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

I'm not going into great detail, suffice to say that someone I thought was a friend came up to me at a rally and asked if I could buy him a pint as he was skint. I gave him twenty quid to keep him going and later that night found him in bed with my wife. Some friend! As a result I moved away from bikes and have only recently come back to the social side of biking after a 12 year break.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Now you know what he did with the £20. Some friend - some wife.Thumbs Down You're better off without the pair of them                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

did you get your twenty quid back simon66?  thats fCensoredg shocking  who needs enemy's with friends like that                                                                                                                                                                               
loving it's Profile
loving it

In: Bradford

Simon.....what a bCensoredy awfull thing to have happened to you. Don't know you and not wishing to embarrass you but here's a Hug 

Boody, i agree with your sentiments and after meeting some more people off here (including you) last night i can only say i wish i had joined the forum years ago Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

awww thank you sweetheart xx @ lovinit                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

The way I'd look at your "experience" Simon is like this; if I could pay someone £20 and learn who were really my friends and who were lying, cheating sh*tes ... then I'd pay it straight away.

£20 well spent I think, as XK says, you're better off without.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Good God, someone pass me the sick bucket!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8281 seconds. There are 671 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption