ageing bikers

35 Posts | Latest reply on 05/07/2011 13:42:57 by midlifecrisis | Go to original / last post
yzfsam's Profile
yzfsam

In: downham market
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

if you ride a bike do you age slower or just never grow up                                                                                                                                                                             
potnoodles's Profile
potnoodles

In: Sheffield

I dont think we do grow up do we? I thought it was only women that did - they always say "boys  and their toys".                                                                                                                                                                             
gixergal's Profile
gixergal

In: North East Linco
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

I would say both. That way you've always got an excuse to fall back on LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Hmmmm...my theory is that no-one grows up...we just get more responsibilities and FEEL older!! Riding that bike makes you forget all your worries/responsibilities, so...........riding a bike actually makes you grow younger!!
Can't explain all the wrinkles tho'....unless it's all that wind blowing in your face!!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
yzfsam's Profile
yzfsam

so do we age more slowly than mere car drivers (I do50,000 a year in my van)                                                                                                                                                                             
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

I agree with Alice here, Im 58  nearly but when Im out on the bike it feels more like Im about 30 ish. The body says differently though after a long ride. I only do about 8k in a car every year and it just bores the pants off me LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
shaggy101's Profile
shaggy101

In: southampton

we dont grow up, we just grow old!!!!   i passed my test years ago, i ride about 20k a year in all weathers,   but i drive my van about 80 to 100k a year, yep its boring in the van but needs must!   i do look forward to the hazy days of summer, remember summer, you know big bright thing in the sky, no not a UFO!   but if it rains, so what, you get wet!!!   Shaggy                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I'm not just ageing slower, I'm actually getting more juvenile with each year that passes....I think it's bloomin brilliant getting 'old' cos the years of having to be grown up and responsible are passing....yippeee, it's my turn to come out and play!
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

when i grow up i want to be an adult Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Both. I’m like a big kid when I hit the motorways as its woohoo bring it on!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Old age is inevertable
Growing up is optional!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
yzfsam's Profile
yzfsam

well thanks everyone I have come to the conclusion that this site is full of juveniles who if it wasnt for bikes would all be sitting in front of the fire in there slippers by now                                                                         have fun ride safe and never get old sam      
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Wow Sam ... you figured us all out in 4 weeks Thumbs Up usually takes at least 6 for people to realise we are all just big kids at heart LOL

Welcome to the loony bin Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
yzfsam's Profile
yzfsam

thanks shell will try to fit in if I am not mad now i dont think it will take longWacko                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i agree with alice and wheelbarrow. i do feel old till i get on the bike. thats the only time i forget my age. hell ive even got a dark visor so you can't see im an old git.                                                                                                                                                                             
potnoodles's Profile
potnoodles

In: Sheffield

Damn I didnt realise the dark visor was for hiding our age (sprints off to shop) just thought it was so we didnt scare people!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Yep...that's the one noodles !!.....and remember not to grunt and groan as you mount and dismount !!!!

Palamie's Profile
Palamie

In: Stirling

Not so much about ageing as living. Worked non stop until 18 months ago and now experimenting with how to actually live.  A steep learning curve but I ain't complaining.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

remember not to grunt and groan as you mount and dismount !!!!     Alice!!!Shocked                                                                                                                                                                             
Palamie's Profile
Palamie

In: Stirling

Smile LOL                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8281 seconds. There are 640 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption