Help the moderators

37 Posts | Latest reply on 12/06/2011 09:29:05 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Please can I ask everyone to help out with keeping our site free of spammers and clean of junk profiles?   If you spot a profile that you think could be a spammer, or if a profile has a photo which does not conform to the site guidelines...  PLEASE hit the "Notifiy Mod" button at the top of the profile.   As we're now in the peak of biking season, BM is being hammered with new profiles, thousands of photos being uploaded daily etc and it's really difficult for us to always keep on top of all the new data being added to the site.   Your help and cooperation is much appreciated, not only by myself and the mods but also every other member of the site.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

This also goes for profiles where the main pic has a disguised face / helmet on etc.. let us know.   I'm sick of changing people's profile pic only to be told "oh there's loads of other people who have their helmets on and they GET AWAY with it".  No they don't... bring the profile to our attention and we will deal with it.                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

how is a photo of someone in a helmet any different to a profile with no photo at all?                                                                                                                                                                             
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
40% Karma40% Karma 40% Karma40% Karma

Hi Julie, the difference is for folk when searching profiles.  You can opt to have, when searching, profiles ommitted that don't have profile pics so it can then be frustrating for people that search profiles to see photos with faces that are obscured by helmets etc.
Hope I've explained that properly....... Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

yes you have BB, I take your point with the search,but i feel that any photo is better than none!                                                                                                                                                                             
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
40% Karma40% Karma 40% Karma40% Karma

I asked Matt exactly the same question and must admit I hadn't thought of the search thing.  He explained that it was due to feedback from members complaining about photos with obscured faces or photos of bikes etc and hence why the rule is enforced.   I forget that this is also a dating site, but lots of members are on here for that only so can understand their frustation with inappropriate photos.                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

there are also loads of profile pics taken with sunglasses on, when you have a passport photo done it states all glasses must be removed as they obscure the face.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

I know what your saying boody but there a very fine line between a photo that is ok and one that is not, so thay have a thankless task to try and keep everyone happy                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Cheers in advance folks all help most gratefully received, we are being inundated with new folk, maybe we should try not to be so popular lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

Not sure know how it works now but perhaps you could make it so that all pictures uploaded to the profile album have to be moderated before they're displayed and once they're in the album they can be changed without further checking required? Everything else can go in another album which doesn't require checking.
  This way you'd know all profile photos were acceptable and you wouldn't get extra work every time someone changes their profile photo.                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

perhaps you could make it so that all pictures uploaded to the profile album have to be moderated before they're displayed   Thumbs Up good idea                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

JP got it spot on!  And it's an unbelievably thankless task that some people just give mods a real headache over... day in, day out.   This topic is NOT to debate the rules... they're in place and enforced because of SO MUCH feedback we've had over the years.  People used to put up photos of kitchens, sheep, bikes etc and it annoys everyone else.  This is now how most people want it (except people who are trying to hide themselves from someone else that is).   If you don't want a profile photo, start a NEW ALBUM and put your photos in there.  You can then have a blank profile photo pic so you wont be seen in search results.   Roachy, that is indeed something I wanna implement but right now (biking season) we're getting thousands of new profiles and 10's of 1000's of new photos every month!  It's just too much.  If we do the "approve first" method then people wont be happy if we have a backlog.   As it is now we allow profiles to be added and we then later check them out, usually within 24 hours.  When people swap photos around (change their best pic) we don't get notified (just too many people doing it every day).   It works ok at the moment, if NEW members would read the photo rules and existing members would stop complaining about them then it would be fine                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

Ah right. I thought every time someone made any change to their profile it flagged it back up for checking.                                                                                                                                                                                
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

As far as I'm aware, it does Roachy.  Any change to your profile means that it gets checked over again by the team and approved again.   The idea of not checking them after they've been approved would be a bit of a risk though lol.  If you'd seen some of the photos people try to get away with tucked away in a profile album you'd understand Wink  - and I thought I was fairly broad-minded!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

what if the only photo on profile is one of them in a helmet ?                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

I can confirm that profiles go into the moderator queue as soon as someone clicks on the UPDATE button when editing their profile.   Adding or changing photos has does not put them back in the queue.   Sorry for the confusion.   :-D   Shell, there's already enough rules about photos and I can tell you that NOBODY reads them!  Adding more rules will just mean more work for mods and more pee'd off members getting their photos messed with                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

PS: if only photo has a helmet on then we delete and they have no photo set then.  We PM asking to upload a valid one.  If a suitable one is available we change it and PM a notification that it's been changed                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

Please read the instructions on the packet......well you would if you was doing a new recipe  Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Errr no I dont read any instructions, Im a bloke just keep stabbing at the buttons till it works lol                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

apart from JP , read the instructions  (  trying to say gently  read the T&C of the site )  Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 606 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption