Event Photos on Facebook

30 Posts | Latest reply on 16/08/2011 21:04:01 by bandit lover | Go to original / last post
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

It aint the same at all from where I'm looking. I found it easier cos on facebook you can choose an album from the entire gallery, click on it and then when you click on an individual photo it opens up a really big clear version. And if, as BossMom says peeps have tagged themselves, their names are just there underneath.   That is tons easier than clicking on the event, then clicking on photos, then having to open the tagged tag icon to get a slightly larger piccy with names on. ...but maybe that's just old fuddy duddy me and my steam powered laptop Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I have a new all singing laptop and I feel the same mini ...

Much prefer just to have one big pic with the tagging on ... Need to see who is who tho ... Confusing point will be that real names are used on Facebook                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I simply don't like the fact that anyone can view the photos on Facebook, whereas on here they can only be viewed by members, but that is something I have taken up with Matt anyway.  I "unliked" the page to try and stop all my BM photos being visible to family and friends but it turns out they are completely public on facebook anyway
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Vanessa... just untag your photos on the Facebook page and your family/friends will never know!  What are they gonna do, go trawling through thousands of photos on a facebook page they've never heard of just to find a photo of you?  And if they're really that bothered to try and find a photo of you, what are they gonna see that's so bad??   Also, if you untag a photo (when someone else has added a tag) then nobody else can tag you again in that photo.   Re the layout.... I'm not Facebook, there's no team of developers making BikerMatch.  It's just little old me.  Facebook is an enormous multi-BILLION dollar company who can afford to employ teams of engineers to make a nice fancy photo system.   I spent weeks making the events gallery we have here, day and night on my own... and I tried my best to get the tags to appear on the popup version of the image... but I just couldn't do it.  When i got it working in one browser it would mess up another one.   I had to give up eventually                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
84% Karma84% Karma 84% Karma84% Karma

technical stuff gives me a headache lol                                                                                                                                                                              
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

There have been some fab pictures uploaded just recently.
Any chance if some of those (with people's permisson first) could be up loaded onto FB.   I really think that photos from; e.g.  the Yorkshire weekend and Borwick Hall would look great on there and help to promote BM a little bit more Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                               
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

Not sure if we can do this ourselves or if Matt needs to do it. Far to technical for my brain. Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

There are even more fab photos on here now.   I think it would be great for the BM FB page if some more could be uploaded onto it Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Think Matt has to do it from home so could be a bit of a wait                                                                                                                                                                              
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

Not a problem, but I would like to add.   I was promoting BM to biker pals at the weekend and when they looked at the FB page, they weren't very inspired by a photo of a peacock and a monkey....lol  They were too lazy to to look much further than that!!!                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4355 seconds. There are 1147 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption