Camping at The Roaches - Staffordshire

213 Posts | Latest reply on 04/10/2011 10:57:22 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Many thanks for letting us know Daytonadude.   I have just spoken to the owner of the Winking Man and he has told me that there are very few pitches available for tents and people MUST be booked in otherwise they will be turned away.   He also said that the pitches do get taken up with regulars to the pub on the Friday rock nights......so you need to be very quick folks if that's where you want to camp. The number is: 01538 300361                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Cost if £5 per night but I've just called to check the price and been told that they are now full - I got in just in time!

bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

Oppps, sorry folks, I was too late in posting, so please ignore my posting about 'getting in quick'.   Many thanks for the postings Daytona Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

Hey Kwakkwakoops, I have heard that the campsite will be infested with squirrels of the prettiest kind Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

not sure about squirrels but plenty of nutters!! x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just checked BBC weather, BIG FAT SUN'S all w/end, prob means we will need extra beer to keep cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yes, will keep an eye out for them there fluffy squirrelicious bikers lol                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

Our resident squirrel is most definately of the nutty variety LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sharky92's Profile
Sharky92

In: Winsford, Cheshi

Well, the weather here is glorious and local radio predicts 27*C on friday. Met office app says sun, sun and more sun, so don't forget the shorts and suncream.

As to squirrels, I'm afraid there are no sightings yet, but there have been confirmed reports of a shark in the vicinity :)
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

Bananen Smilies105
PaulXXX's Profile
PaulXXX

In: Swadlincote

Not a cloud in the sky here in Buxton just 6 miles away from The Roaches.
Also I certainly picked the right Week to have off work Big smile

Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

Our resident squirrel is most definately of the nutty variety LOL   Hell yeah Thumbs Up  See you friday xxx                                                                                                                                                                             
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

Took my winter jacket in last week for an overhaul to go to roaches pick it up tomorrow, waste of time, keeping the summer one on for the  weekends SCORCHER.Cool                                                                                                                                                                              
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

Too right Harry. Nice chill out weekend in the sunshine Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
peter27's Profile
peter27

In: afonwen

Hi trish Might come down for the day on saturday what time are you looking to leave on the rideout                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sorry I couldn't make this one, hopefully I'll make the next Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Me sorry couldn't make it either Unhappy hope you're all having a fabby time, bet you are Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

I've no idea where the final venue was for this so if it's wrong, on the calendar, ignore it yea?   (Would those who didn't attend remove their names from the attendance list, ta. That applies to all events.)   Here's a link to the event, so you can add your photos, I hope someone took some. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=1528                                                                                                                                                                                  
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oh yes sorry....Done!! Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
IanT1966's Profile
IanT1966

In: Birkenhead
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

put some pictures up from the ride out to the Horse Shoe Pass                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5781 seconds. There are 555 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption