Dam Toothache

33 Posts | Latest reply on 05/05/2011 00:45:24 by picko | Go to original / last post
yetanotherdave2's Profile
yetanotherdave2

In: Kidderminster
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Tooth is giving grief.....phoned the dentist earlier, can see me next Friday at the earliest!! Any ideas for relief that works would be fully appreciated!.....                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

These suggestions were found on the net, may work,  may not. I hope you get relief from one of them.   Clove oil applied to the tooth relives pain and removes any kind of infection (allegedly)   Garlic clove applied to the tooth, relieves pain, (allegedly) - probably too distracted by the stink to feel the pain lol, and gets rid of friends.   Alcohol applied to the tooth is supposed to work but if it don't, just keep drinking you'll be too drunk to feel anything.   My suggestion, try your local pharmacist, see if he /she has any suggestions.                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

How bad is your toothache?? Your dentist is obliged to see you as an emergency patient, if you can't eat,sleep etc, with the pain!! Phone them again and insist you need to be seen. Alternatively, ring "crown House" in Kiddi ( same building as post office). The Dental access centre is located opposite Marks and Spencers, I haven't got the number at the mo, but if you have no joy, e-mail me and I will get you an appointment. In the meantime... bathe your tooth in cold water, and take two paracetamols and two nurofens together, you won't overdose, as they work independently Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
mandi jay's Profile
mandi jay

In: Whitby

You have my sympathy toothache is bloody awful.
Littlechicks right your dentist is supposed to have emergency slots and should fit you in before the weekend, but failing that I'd go with Sandi's suggestion-

*Alcohol applied to the tooth is supposed to work but if it don't, just keep drinking you'll be too drunk to feel anything.

Hope it's better soon    Thumbs Up

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

COLD water? really? you wouldn't get me putting owt cold on any painful tooth of mine.   Re: the emergency appointment that's what I thought, but as it takes 2 hours on the phone with four different medical professionals to finally realise I can't get a doctor to visit me and  I have to make me own way to hospital I assumed that dentists didn't do emergency appts either these days.                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

if it's an abcess, nothing will alleviate the pain, apart from cold water and maybe to a certain extent the painkillers. Extreme dental pain is the result of neglect , the offending tooth, needs to be extracted or root treated.. depending on whether you are private or NHS, the cost will be £200 NHS or £800 + privately . Root treatment has no guarantees, your immune system has a lot to contribute to the outcome, down to you Yet.... If you want to save your teeth,  I have advised you..... I can do nothing more Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I didn't think teeth were pulled until the infection had gone?                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sandi, sorry, but you are not well informed. Dental treatment is accessible to all. please pm me if you need to know more!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

L C nowt wrong with my teeth at the moment, no plaque or pain, receding gums due to age apparently.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Teeth are pulled when the infection for the patient is bearable!! infection isn't always a barrier to tooth extraction!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

In my exprience dentristry peeps try to conserve the peggy....whether the (peep in agony) have private cover or not                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

Well I went to the local dental hospital on Tuesday morning and they extracted my tooth in the afternoon and it was free!!!

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I have had a back tooth snap in half, I know I will eventually lose it but I hate dentists so will go when it's painful

It's not just a phobia for me, I had a dentist pull out one of my teeth when I was 13 ... That was when they found out that the local anaesthetic that they used didn't work on me... After I had punched the dentist trying to extract the tooth and him telling me not to be so silly, my pain was all in my mind, he had injected enough in to me to numb an elephant!
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

I'm glad your extraction went OK at the dental hospital, bandit lover but I had a tooth that had split extracted at the Bristol Dental Hospital when I was a student in that part of the world. The trouble was that it was done by a dental student and he managed to drop the filling in the socket. That gave me a lot of pain until it worked its way out through the clot. I've been wary of dental hospitals for emergencies since.

When I have had a swelling from an abscess on a couple of occasions, the dentist gave me a course of antibiotics before attacking the tooth. That also provides pain relief. I hope someone's done something about yours, Dave.   
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

The trouble with giving antibiotics for a tooth abcess,is that yes they take away the pain and rid you of the infection,but....if you then don't go on to have the tooth extracted,because the pain has disappeared, the infection will return,usually when you are "low",have a cold,stressed ,on your birthday,at christmas,I guarantee at very inconvenient times, also as you have had one course of antibiotics , another course will be less effective and you will be left in pain and having to face a painful extraction. I've seen it a million times!! Also, why leave a tooth until it hurts?? if it's broken,get it seen to before needing antibiotics/extraction etc. You'll only end up in my chair on Christmas Day lolEmbarrassed ( I don't do it anymore,couldn't stand the sight of blood!!LOL )                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

Bandit Lover 'Free' Party that's increadible - my denist is great but they start charging as soon as you walk through the Censored door Shocked. Got to do it though because I would hate not have my own teeth Big smile.                                                                                                                                                                                 
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

In: Manchester

Bio gel and Panadol ... best toothache reliever Ive ever had ... Hope pain gone now Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Bandit lover was, in all probability being practised on...... you can't really charge for that. Doing an extraction on a little lady with bone that "gives" is a different story to attempting to extract a tooth on a bloke built like a brick outhouse, if they walk in like Rambo, you know you're in for trouble, I have to get my size 10's out and pray!!!Disapprove                                                                                                                                                                             
pinkstorm's Profile
pinkstorm

In: Chester

Hi Rockchick, Bio Gel, isnt that for muscular pain, i put that on my neck, you dont brush your teeth with it do you?? Confused mandy xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

lol pink !!                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7188 seconds. There are 937 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption