Front cover Picture on Bike Mags

23 Posts | Latest reply on 14/02/2011 13:21:58 by gatvol | Go to original / last post
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Pinch  One of my monthly mags drop through the letter box this morning, as I ripped open the plastic bag it was contained in, was met again by a seductively clad girlie strandeling a bike Sleepy.  Whislt I appreciate that biker bloke s love these pictures and often chew the edges of the page im sure, what about the biker girlies!!!!!!!!!!! I vote we should have month about with a buff, tattooed, yummyscrummy biker .............after all it's only fair as we buy the mags as well.  Any thoughts on this topic, blokes don't shout at me LOL not suggesting they be removed. Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

There are still scantily dressed 'girls' at the NEC bike show too, it's such an old fashioned tradition.   Isn't it about time we moved on from that and tried something else, don't ask, I don't know lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Flettie's Profile
Flettie

In: Buxton

Ladies I'm happy to pose for you both with my tackle draped over the tank of your bike LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

Would that be fishing tackle Flettie?  As the hooks might scratch my paintwork Wink LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
gatvol's Profile
gatvol

In: Aylesbury

Well, the scantily clad girls do get in the way of my appreciating the bike, but other than that I don't really care.  Its not different to many of the car shows and mags.   Most of the bike mags I buy don't have scanitly clad women draped all over the place.

Their main market is men, so they will cater to men.  Until they think there is a market for a women's own bike mag, there won't be any change.  Perhaps you could create your own small mag?  Just a thought.
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

try riders digest,a good read and very a-sexual                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

I must add that this is not a feminist issue - I really would like to see buff, tattooed biker bloke pics Evil Smile, suppose I'm just at that funny age LOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

no change there then bobs                                                                                                                                                                              
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

if they have to drape a scantily clad slapper over the bike to make folks look at it,,surely that means the bike sucks??LOL,, ps yep im all for the dudes getting their kit off and posing !! whats good for 1 is good for the other..                                                                                                                                                                             
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

In: Brough, E. Yorks

"Isn't it about time we moved on from that and tried something else, don't ask, I don't know lol"        Err ....    no.                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

Evil Smile Too right Ian maaaawwaaahhhhhhhh Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

In: Consett

@BOBKAT - I'd do a 'Nude picture front cover stylie' for charity (Help for Heros) .....http://www.bmycharity.com/charities/helpforheroes    Set it up......haha, you light not want to see it though Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

it sells because 90% of bikers are still male unfortunately.   If they put scantly clad men on the front cover then they'd lose business.  It's really quite simple.   By the way, have you got a copy you can send me?  lol.  Must be a great picture if you had to complain about it Thumbs Up   By the way, BikerMatch has 26% female members which is extremely high for the biking community!                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Hey Bob, check out this pic of James Toseland. It was for a Testicular Cancer charity photoshoot:   http://www.sic-art.com/jtcommunity/displayimage.php?alb...&pos=0     drools...Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
PHOTOGRAPHER1's Profile
PHOTOGRAPHER1

In: lancs

not forgetting the ladies get paid dam good money to do these shoots - and if they were taken out of the picture so to speak - then you females would soon complain again that female models arent getting the work they used 2 as for men on the front cover instead - the sort of men you want on the front cover ( big chucky men with tatts ) are not the way the world want men to look like - they want slim buff men ( male models ) and they wont sell bikes or show the true side of bikers the world really doesnt know what people want to see - they decide what you have to see - and what you should look like like mat said - its what sells the mag  - shame                                                                                                                                                                             
gatvol's Profile
gatvol

In: Aylesbury

There are bike mags WITHOUT scantily clad women draped all over everythin....but they are mostly for classic bikes, and just happen to be the ones I buy.  I don't remember scantily clad women draped over anything in the last issue of BikeSA either. 
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Ooooh !! Give me a multi- tattooed , hairy and cuddly real biker bloke any time Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Say_Ten's Profile
Say_Ten

In: Solihull
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Working in Harley Europe's marketing agency and the fact that the images supplied to the magazines are from the manufacturers.  I can safely say that the days of hot chicks draped over bikes is not going to end any time soon ;)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

see i think JT looks scrawny and too skinny in that pic it puts me off !! and he dont even look like a biker, but each to their own..... Tongue Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Give me a biker-belly and a lovin' heart anytime XX                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5781 seconds. There are 581 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption