What do you do to get over somebody?

54 Posts | Latest reply on 26/11/2010 18:17:30 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
TLC69's Profile
TLC69

In: Greenwich, Londo
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Just wondered what people do to get over somebody?

Just move on?  Go out and party? Eat a tub of ice cream?

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Cleaning lol.  Not necessarily to get over somebody, but when I'm in a foul mood with someone I just start blitzing.  It's great, and at least you get to cry in a clean house after lol                                                                                                                                                                             
ace_morgan's Profile
ace_morgan

In: Hadleigh, Southe

Depends what you mean by get over someone and the situation. If it's get over someone you thought was a friend and turned out to be the opposite, go out with mates and have a good time and delete any contact etc with them, if it's an ex, what ever helps really. Be it ice cream, going out with mates, having a cry, erasing the person from life, etc. Or if it's someone you loved or close friend that passed away, that can only take time. 
Nothing will take away the pain of losing someone, all you will do is learn to live and deal with that in your own way. 

brigadoon's Profile
brigadoon

In: Basingstoke

It's not easy, regardless of what you've lost, and only time will heal the wounds.  

If it's an ex, understanding what went wrong by talking with him really helps, otherwise I avoid contact, at least for a while if staying friends, keep busy and listen to angry music.  

Funnily enough, riding helps too, it clears my mind and lifts my spirit no end.  

GreasyTony's Profile
GreasyTony

In: Camberley
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

When its an ex you gotta get over I tend to retreat into my cave, growl a lot at people and be a tad miserable for a while.   Also party a bit, as that way you must be around mates else you wouldn't be at party !!!!   Out on the bike is helpfull coz you're concentrating, even if subconsiously, on what muppets are in front of you.   Pretty soon, the good days outnumber the bad ones hon Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Depending how attached you get, long term relationship I felt like I'd lost a limb, short term the wounds heal much quicker in my experience.

Love RCs way of coping lol, I swing from partying to gathering my thoughts some where peaceful.

Hope you feel better soon hun, lifes way too short to dwell on what could be,..
Fatbob16's Profile
Fatbob16

In: Buckley
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Awww Bless
Sorry I am no help - went to pieces myself - only thing I found helped was confiding in my pals
Will give you a massive hug next time we in chat
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((TLC)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))xxxxx
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

A lot will depend on the person... You have to want to get over someone first

Good friends n family and a strong resolve help :-)                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Chocolate and lot's of it                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

That's your answer to everything!  Apart from "push them over in a puddle"                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Boss Mom you forgot doughnuts and steak lol                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Yes but pushing them over in a puddle is funny and staek is ok but lamb chops now that's different                                                                                                                                                                              
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

think back over your life good times and bad, remember the people you are no longer in contact with and the things you have done and the people you have known. i doubt you will remember how bad you felt then but you must have done at the time. you soon realise things aint so bad :)
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

Try lifting one leg, either will do, then follow with the other. I find this works 99% of the time. Laep frog is quite good too. Sometimes going around them is easier and if in public more socially acceptable.Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
TLC69's Profile
TLC69

Thanks guys

Just had one bad thing heaped onto another so lost perspective for a bit, be back to my old self soon.

TLC69's Profile
TLC69

Forgot to add, will be out riding and partying this weekend.  Hope the group of italians I'm showing around campus on Sunday morning at 9am appriciate that i might of only of had a couple of hours sleep LOL                                                                                                                                                                               
Big Twin's Profile
Big Twin

In: Newark

From experience in no particular order you don't prozac booze another person/s quickly elapsed time a shrink or just get on your bike and ride ride ride any combination of the above to suit   Glad to be of service   BT                                                                                                                                                                             
missvondarkness's Profile
missvondarkness

In: weston-super-mar

see it as their loss,eat chocolate and talk it over with m8s                                                                                                                                                                             
Wraith750's Profile
Wraith750

In: Stevenage
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Generally have a massive breakdown,carry on with life wondering why everyone thinks you`re a miserable,grumpy git,get married to someone else & get even grumpier,fly off the handle at every little thing,and then 25yrs later wake up with the realisation that,in fact, you never have got over them.
Works for meConfused

darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Just move on. Moping and whining about it isnt going to make any difference whatsoever. Life is too short to mull over yr mistakes. Onwards and upwards!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 779 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption