Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, BTInternet users HELP!

26 Posts | Latest reply on 29/10/2010 20:01:53 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Refresh                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

This is the reason i think people should sit a test before they are allowed to use a computer. I think that emails advising an email has been marked as spam should have a link marked "ID10T". Whenever anyone incorrectly marks an email as spam and you get the message back from your ISP you click the link and their account is disabled for 24 hours.
What is worse when you get all these incredibly stupid computer users put together in a building, given a pompous job title and positions of self importance.   they then ring up IT with a problem that to them will rival the end of the world, like they can't log on and it turns out they have the caps lock on while they type their password. It baffles the mind how these people mange to get themselves dressed in the morning never mind do the job they do.                                                                                                                                                                             
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

In: London

Bump all good here Matt                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Thing is... when I email or PM these people a 'warning' that they must stop or I'll have to remove them from the site... they then kick off with me, denying all knowledge of ever clicking on "Mark as Junk".  THEN they threaten to report me to Hotmail.   I tell them "Go ahead, and here's the email warnings that Hotmail sent to me about your actions".

Nobs with a capital F!!!  Censored

ItsMrToYouSonny's Profile
ItsMrToYouSonny

In: Basingstoke

I've had similar issues with some of the sites I run at work. We found that if you register as a bulk-emailer with the likes of Yahoo! (who also run the mail-servers for BT & its wholesale customers) it decreases the chances of you being treated as a spammer.

We also found that it helps to stop mailing inactive users.
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

already done.  I'm registered as a bulk sender with google also.  I even take part in their Feedback Loop thing, so I get emailed when someone flags as email as spam (and then I remove them from the site to prevent them further harming our reputation).

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2500 seconds. There are 913 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption