Bike for a short arse!!

73 Posts | Latest reply on 13/09/2010 06:55:31 by Ducatirebel77 | Go to original / last post
Ducatirebel77's Profile
Ducatirebel77

In: Kettering
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hey All,   Thought it was about time I got back on 2 wheels after a 3 year break!!   I'm 5ft 6 so could do with a few extra inchs (I wish), had a Monster which I loved, so that's top of the potential list. A Street Triple has also been suggested.   Not a cruiser fan, ideally a naked or a sportsbike. Whilst i'd love a 1000, think i'd better find my feet again first (though i am a speed freak lol).   Reasonable price etc.   Any suggestions welcome! Smile   Cheers in advance   T                                                                                                                                                                              
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

You kidding. 5 foot 6...shortarse?!! Wanna try being 5 foot...now that really is a shortarse! lol Good luck on your quest T SmileThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

As Minnie says, 5' 6" isn't short for a woman, it's not even particularly short for a man (I think the average is 5' 8"). It's the equivalent of saying I'm a shortarse at 6'.

I don't think you'll really find many bikes that are too big, most should be OK.

Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

Street Triple has to be worth a look. That's not just 'cause I'm a Triumph fan.Smile   Most Triumph dealers have demo modelsThumbs Up I put 140 miles on the one I borrowed, really didn't want to take it backSmile                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Load of blooming amazon wimmin here - there's one local (to me) lass (and Bikermatch 'sleeper') who's about 4ft 10 if she's an inch. Rides a Monkey Bike and hankers for a Harley!
Some of the shortish BM ladies I know have had no problems with bikes like a Fazer or an SV650 - best thing to do is get down your local dealer.                                                                                                                                                                             
Ducatirebel77's Profile
Ducatirebel77

Cheers guys........I like to be able to get the balls of my feet down at least.......just about managable on my Monster!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

nice to no there is a girl around who has balls!!!!!! get a 600 sports bike you should fit them, but you'l know when you sit on one.   sorry to the other girls on here not having a go at you LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
madhat's Profile
madhat

In: glasgow

a should hope not bill lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Cutekitty35's Profile
Cutekitty35

In: Stoke on Trent

Hi T, i will have the same problem when i eventually buy my bike i am 5ft 2in lol.  Lori xx                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Hiya .

Got to agree 5 ft 6 is taller than me and I have an SV 650 s fully faired ... Ok it's been custom set for me I am quite short from the waist up so have risers fitted (£145 from bandit mania), also have had it lowered (£35 for dog bones off ebay) as like you I like the balls of my feet touching (Bill you know I have more than a lot if men lol) and the suspension is set soft for a great ride ... Perfect bike for me and has not lost any of it's looks or performance/handling because of the changes, all of which Mr P has done in the garage so no big labour costs just hot brews lol

Good luck in your search
brigadoon's Profile
brigadoon

In: Basingstoke

I'm 5ft8 and can put both feet flat on the ground on the street, so you should be ok on one too Smile  They're great bikes too, I love mine Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

my other half has a BMW K1200R. I'm only 5ft 1 & I can sit on her with tippytoes on the floor, so if I can do that am sure you'd be able to get your balls down LOL It's actually quite a narrow bike to sit on & bloody comfy to boot! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Ducatirebel77's Profile
Ducatirebel77

Cheers peeps........i'd best get shopping!!!! hee hee                                                                                                                                                                             
wirespeed's Profile
wirespeed

In: Camberley

both are very good bikes, the street is a real laugh to ride nearly bought one over the speed triple, you can get lowered seats for both ..                                                                                                                                                                             
Ducatirebel77's Profile
Ducatirebel77

cheers wirespeed..........Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Ted51's Profile
Ted51

In: Southampton
23% Karma23% Karma 23% Karma23% Karma

A couple of little crackers to consider, Honda CBR400RR and the Honda VFR400, both sports bikes and both very popular with the ladies as light and low seat height, good examples found for between £1000 and £1500, good luck whatever you decide.
Ted                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

if all else fails a sinclair c5 lol LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Ducatirebel77's Profile
Ducatirebel77

Johnnytb - cheeky arse!! lol Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Ducatirebel77's Profile
Ducatirebel77

Ted51 - thanks, the 400 puts me off as am very tempted to get a 1000....ha ha                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

hiI'm 5ft 6" and i can put my feet on the ground on most bikes, I think we're the lucky onesLOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5625 seconds. There are 640 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption