Cleaning my lid

25 Posts | Latest reply on 01/07/2010 21:26:29 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

You should be careful if you use aerosols on helmets as some of the solvents in them can weaken the plastic of the visor.  Washing up liquid contains salt that over time can scratch visors

If I am out and about, then a V2 sponge works a treat.  At home, then the kitchen roll soaked and placed on the visor works a treat.

Microfibre cloths will polish the visor.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

A V2 sponge wrecked my visor. I followed the instructions about wetting it and putting it back in the bag, then the first time I used it the anti-scratch coating went all foggy. Unfortunately it was boxing day and I was in Snowdonia, so getting a replacement was out of the question, and I had to ride home without a visor. I'm sure plenty of people are happy with them, but mention it in my presence and you'll get cursing. Stern Smile

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Curse in front of me and I will slap your wrists young man Wink

Don't fancy riding visor-less at that time of year.  Not for that distance, did your eyeballs freeze?

bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

Thanks for bumping this.    I forgot to clean it after Barmouth and I need it again this weekend  Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

By the time I got home my eyes were bloodshot and very sore. It wasn't just the cold, the roads had been gritted so I was bombarded with salty spray too.Thinking about it now, I was trying to clean spray off the visor so the salt might have been part of the problem                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.1719 seconds. There are 759 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption