Cleaning my lid

25 Posts | Latest reply on 01/07/2010 21:26:29 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

This is the first time that I have cleaned it myself.   Is there anything that I should use in particular on the visor?                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

clean soapy water and elbow grease  lol   cant believe you never polished a ....................... woops wont go there                                                                                                                                                                                
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Hey BL - just stick it in the sink (if you've taken it off) with some warm water & a little bit of washing up liquid. Use a non abrasive cloth to gently wash it.   If you haven't taken the visor off your lid, then using a wet wipe is a pretty good alternative .                                                                                                                                                                                 
DG99's Profile
DG99

In: Nottingham

Soak the visor in luke warm soapy water, if you go at it you will scratch it to pieces with bits of crusted on flies and road grime.  Gently remove the bits onced soaked, with tissue paper soaked in the soapy water, just go really carefully or it will kill your visor straight away.  Gentle rubbing on your helmet will keep it looking good  Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

LOL...yes HF...do I have to take it off first!!!!   Thanks for your help guys Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

naughty peopleEmbarrassed   See, I put up a serious thread and look what happens......LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

As a quick fix, I fold a couple of sheets of kitchen paper and pour on hot water, as hot as you can get it, then lay it on the visor, leave for a minute or so, then gently wipe it off.   It should have time to disolve any 'nasties'  Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

And if you use any kind of furniture polish that has silicone in it, it helps with the water dispersal.

Use a little bit of neat washing up liquid for the inside of the visor, stops the fogging, that's all these expensive anti fog sprays are.                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Those micro-fibre cloths are pretty good too.. . no fluff left behind !!                                                                                                                                                                              
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

You dont need to take the visor off unless you have been licking the inside LOL (which if you're speshul, like BJ you will need to do) I usually just rest a few sopping wet kitchen towels on mine for about five mins and those pesky dried on flies wipe straight off, then dry off with one of those nice fluffy anti static micro fibre thingys                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

Thanks so much for all of your tips....I have cleaned it as instructed and it looks ok will try the smearing as suggested by SFLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

wonder if they are dishwasher safe....                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

In: Liverpool

as above if no polish a puddle will do if you out and about lol                                                                                                                                                                               
welshy's Profile
welshy

In: Bridgend

lol - u tried BL!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

I now have a very clean and shiny lid thanks to all the advice....cheers everyone                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

In: Liverpool

good choice of word BL                                                                                                                                                                              
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

"Hey BL - just stick it in the sink (if you've taken it off) with some warm water & a little bit of washing up liquid"

Followed Holmfirthgirls advice, now the lining's all soggy!Angry

micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

No Julie they aint. Come out sand blasted As my mate found out after his wife cleaned it while he was at work Opps                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

If yr really pushed for time, just ride thru the car washWacko                                                                                                                                                                             
sumodwarf's Profile
sumodwarf

In: billericay
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

I use mr sheen on lid and visor                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.0000 seconds. There are 807 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption