Female only race school or track day.

27 Posts | Latest reply on 24/12/2009 17:14:04 by sdv9r | Go to original / last post
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Come on then, show of hands. Emphasis on better cornering and more confidence.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Why only for females ??     Is it only females that have an issue with this?                                                                                                                                                                                 
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

wasn't my idea, just passing it on.  Will be with female instructors etc                                                                                                                                                                             
sdv9r's Profile
sdv9r

In: Skelmersdale

Some female riders do have issues with track days, they can feel overwhelmed  and frightened when mixed in with the blokes that's why female only days are a good idea so that female riders don't have Di*khead other halves taking the p**s and putting them off.

If you have the right bike and equipment for a track day then take part if you can.
These events are not about setting fast laps for novices there are about learning. And before i get any posts about slow women riders i know quite a few one being my ex who are very very quick on a bike.Thumbs Up

46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

There are a lot of male instructors who have issues with female   riders to be sure !!!                                                                                                                                                                                
sdv9r's Profile
sdv9r

In: Skelmersdale

That depends on what your wearing....lol

46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

Behave !!!!   Embarrassed  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

It's something I'd be interested in.                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Agree completely with sd.  Many women are put off from track days by us boys and our 'must be protected' egos. So I too think it's a good idea.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

female riders don't have Di*khead other halves taking the p**s and putting them off.  Many women are put off from track days by us boys and our 'must be protected' egos.    I guess I am lucky then that I have never had this from Ian, in fact its always been you can, you can, you can and well done great job from him and others I have riden with (thinking Paul on the way to the rally lol)  so have never had the 'but your just a female' mentality.   Though after reading comments I can see how some women may find it helpful to not have to go up against an over inflated ego.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Come on lasses show them lads what ur made off Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Ghosty ... have you put it up any place for those lasses who would like to take part?                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

Would you care to re-phrase that last statement please Shell ?????   Wink   LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

LMAO     OK OK ... Ghostey would you like to give the ladies on here some info as to when & where this may take place?   I still think its a shame its only for women, I know some young & new riders who are male who would not like to take part in a track day with the 'big boys' so would like something where the 'ego bunch' would not be there                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

A ladies and learners day ................... sounds gud to me Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
babyharley's Profile
babyharley

In: Nottingham
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

I agree with Shell, but let us have the details Ghosty, anything that educates and improves on riding skills and road safety is definately worth going to!Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I've done a number of track days with various complanies (MSV and No Limits partricularly good) and would encourage anyone to have a go.  It's not all about how bloody fast you and your bike can go (but that's good too!) but really does give you better lines for oyur road riding.
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

early days yet, it may turn into a BM day. Won't be till the better weather and it may have some famous biker laydeeeeeeeeeeeees in attendance. will post something more firm to be put up later. (fnarrr)                                                                                                                                                                             
savanna's Profile
savanna

In: Cotswolds,Glos.

hi, yes it sounds to me like a good idea too, and for the younger lads, as my son scares the hell out of me everytime he goes out on his bike, he just failed his part one test to get a bigger bike aaaaaaaaaaaahh!!!!!  no , fail him again  he needs more time on the 125 i think , i dont want to be making visits to the a and e , he has his heart set on a sv650 i think prob got that wrong but help!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Thats why I said shame savanna, like you I think it would do younger males good not to have to battle with the big boys egos lol ..   Ghostey ... how about seeing if you could sort a youngsters only track day ??   Savanna ... there is an SV650 ... Its what I have , on my profile its the pale blue bike on there, dont worry, if he cannot pass his mod1, as it really is now about how you handle the bike both at low speed & also for the stop & the swerve at road speeds ... when he does MOD2 he will have to show the same but on a road.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7969 seconds. There are 691 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption