Squaddies request bike magazines

33 Posts | Latest reply on 26/11/2009 15:32:23 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

The soldiers serving in Afghanistan want bike magazines to read!  Details below of what to do. This is a genuine request that has been confirmed by a serving officer. "I am currently running a camp in Helmand Province in Afghanistan and I would like to get as many people as possible to send my blokes (many are very keen bikers) your read bike mags. I apologise for the direct approach but due to having to cater for everyone's tastes bike mags are not delivered as part of our Operational welfare package. The postage is free( upto 2kg), all it would cost is the envelope.The postal address is you would like to help is:QM, TFH, Lashkar Gar, BFPO 715 Any help will be greatly appreciated and all mags will be read multiple times.ThanksMajor Andy Lothian"                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

they are welcome to mine if i can get them sent freepost, got some old heat magazines under the sofa too                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

better not say what mags I have under the sofaLOL anyone else tried this link yet?????                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Updated the original post to make this topic a bit neater. Will also try and verify it myself, cos if we dont and we start sending un-stamped mags overseas then our forces may get a big bill for it.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

If anyone attendinding the end of year camp has any bike mags that are no longer required please bring them along and I will glady post them off along with mine.................cheers.....craig                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Sorry sir that was me again wasnt it .......... passes Matt my last Rolo as a creeping tactic for making him work ................ i checked with the guys at the MOD were i work and was given a big thumbs up for it ................ will double check tomm and hopefully be able to get a free post addy for anybody interested in sending stuff 
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

my ex  was in  Iraq   and  you can send  big envelopes  with stuff in free as long as you don't go over  the  weight  !                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

The BFPO number should determine if its free post or not,,,,if its not i'll gladly pay for any collected and sent.................                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

if the troops  are " in theatre"  as the military call it the  post is free                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

I can't see this major's name anywhere online except bike forums.  No news articles with him in etc. Sounds pretty legit like, but there's so many hoaxes like this                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

ALL B.F.P.O addresses are usally free, well they were when I was married to the force. I posted something to my son the other week and that went free, but like I said previously it has to be under 20 kg                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Oops free post addy already on there

for those not as thick as me please look above

* points upwards at addy in post by Matt

For anybody going to camp next weekend or brum nite i'll happily collect mags off you and send them on
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

the lads  and lasses out  there would  be greatful for anything  like that  trust  me. I even sent  seeds  for  my ex  to grow outside his med centre                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

I send a parcel of stuff once a month as i know some of th etroops never get any mail and for 3 unlucky ones i even write to em lol

yes i know i hear you all saying must take them weeks to read my drivel but hey keeps em amused whilst there on the loo or sumat LOL

Matt's Profile
Matt

print off the drivel topic for them, help them sleep at night lol                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

that's not as daft  as it  sounds  !                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

print off the drivel topic for them, help them sleep at night lol   any topic will do, they nearly all descend into drivel anyway Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

****BUMP****

What a lovely thing to do to support our troops...I'm sorting mine out now to send...

Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Bugger Bugger Bugger - I've just thrown away a LOAD of Top Gear mags (not bike mags, but they're just as funny lol) & the green bin got emptied earlier this week!! Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I used to donate magazines to the doctor's surgery but since the Swine flu outbreak they've got rid of all the magazines and replaced them with that awful alcohol stuff.    I was a bit miffed cos I'd only just took my Gut Trust magazine to the surgery, there's nothing like it in the surgeries, cos it had loads of helpful info for people with I B S (Irritable Bowel/Bladder Syndrome)                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 1208 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption