Coloured text in chat room

51 Posts | Latest reply on 27/11/2009 21:39:56 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi all Smile

Anyone interested in seeing more &/or different colour texts in the chat room should pop here:

http://html-color-codes.com/

And select the colour they fancy from the chart there... Pop the code on the list in this thread.

If each person posting on this thread could copy the codes already asked for by others and then add their choice to the end of the list, it'd be a help.

It will keep it all in one list, so Matt can just get the information from the last post on here, rather than trawling through all the posts.

I've started the ball rolling in the next post with an example... thought it'd be useful to say what the colour is as well, to avoid too much in the way of repetition of colours?

Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

COLOUR       CODE

Lilac              996 6FF

Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Nice one Lou!   Just remember peeps, some colours will clash with the blue background.                                                                                                                                                                             
Puds's Profile
Puds

In: .

Dam,  bet  purple will.  sugar,,,   still want it,,,   Colour             code purple (ish)      990   0CC                                                                                                                                                                                       
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

so u want lilac and purple on a purple background???                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

sorry just realised that you must both be actually joking, cos nobody is that stupid LOL   So what's your real suggestions?                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

For a bright lad Matt, sometimes .. lol!                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

PS: The background colour of the chatroom is 63659C                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

here's a nice colour wheel... http://makeup-color.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/colo...-wheel.png   Pick colours opposite the background colour of the chatroom (The dark purple of the forums)                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

It was merely an example so's people could see what I meant. I want sky blue pink with purple spots Tongue                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

I refer the honorable lady to the post I made earlier Ermm   Oi ! thats my colour Shocked                                                                                                                                                                                 
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Colour             code purple (ish)      990   0CC   Puds   maroon           #330000    Em Cool                                                                                                                                                                                 
Matt's Profile
Matt

If you figure out how to use the HTML view in the forum box, and set the HEX values correctly, you can use the PREVIEW button to see how it would look in the chat.   Like this  Thumbs Up   Colour        Code Maroon       330000 White         ffffff Orange       ff6633                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Hmmmm.... testing testing...                                                                                                                                                                              
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Dagnabbit... *curses*                                                                                                                                                                              
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Did that not work for you, WB?   (your text has changed colour and font on MY screen!)                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

But my background colour didn't change

I'm pants at HTML Cry Which is a bit of a bummer, considering I'm trying to do my own website now - d'oh!

TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Ah yeah.....  Embarrassed   *note to self - read posts PROPERLY!!!*   Hang on... if noone has read my words above then I think I can still salvage my dignity....   er.... no... the background has TOTALLY changed on my screen too..... *cough*                                                                                                                                                                             
Puds's Profile
Puds

In: .

I want ya you to change the background colour,,  i want to be purple..  sulking in the corner now,,,,,                                                                                                                                                                                     
Matt's Profile
Matt

Just type some text and then use the standard buttons for setting the text colour AND the background.   Look, type some text the use the   button to set it's colour. Then use the  button to set it's background.   From here it gets difficult.  Use the   button to switch to HTML mode.  Here you can edit all the hex values if you know what you're doing.   Then either use the  button again to switch back to NORMAL mode (Where you'll see what it looks like)  OR use the  button to PREVIEW your efforts.   Please don't be posting loads of failed attempts to this topic or it'll just be full of junk.  Only post a message when you've succeeded in doing this correctly.   Remember, you can find the HEX code for the background (purple) on the 1st page.   If you can't figure it out - please stop trying lol.   I don't want you messing anything up.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 1631 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption