leaky leather jacket

35 Posts | Latest reply on 31/07/2009 11:00:28 by jonesie | Go to original / last post
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Has any one got anything they use on thier jackets to stop them leaking, mine is leaking on the sleeves at me elbows, so any suggestions for waterproofing it would be great.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

stop leaving bottles of bacardi in the sleeves silly x                                                                                                                                                                             
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

duct tape LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

thats quackers !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

Renapur the leather treatment tended to make non-waterproof leather boots slightly less inclined to let in water so it may help your leather jacket. However, leather can never be made fully waterproof. If the problem is with the seams of your leather, then the only answers are textiles or an oversuit.  
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

OR.....DONT GO OUT IN THE RAIN !!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'm after a leather jacket,size 10 or 12? anybody got one they want to sell? not a leaky one tho!!!LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

you could fit in mine.....whilst i am still in it lol.......joking                                                                                                                                                                             
babyharley's Profile
babyharley

In: Nottingham
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

yes, Im a Renapur fan too - if not totally sort it, several layers will definately help!!  Ive been caught in nothing but rain lately and although my leathers seem to get damp, I still stay dry underneath!!! Worth a try, great on boots too!                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

No bacardi in the sleeves honest ian, n fanx car for suggestin renapur, where would I get it from? as to suggesting gettin textiles....well I got 1 and that leaks worse than me leather, I av2 wear a waterproof underneath it to stop me gettin wet and me textile trousers leak really bad as well. Seems like I aint avin a lot of luck wiv bike gear dont it, Oh me boots r great they dont leak at all.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

cheeky young whipper snapper ian!!!,Embarrassed I did have one with fringes on but it got pinchedDisapprove                                                                                                                                                                             
babyharley's Profile
babyharley

In: Nottingham
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

There is always a Renapur stand at most of the BMF and MCN bike shows and you can usually get a special deal buying there too (lasts for ages!)  If you need it sooner do a search on Ebay, they sell it on there too but you probably wont get such a good deal there, although needs must!! Hope this helps
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oh I've just seen my cat on my profile pic, the one that passed away today, i'm upset again now.Cry Sorry, i'm off thread                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

aaaaaaaaawwwwww lc, im sure u will always remeba yr lovely kitty                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

baby harley fanx for suggestin goin on ebay, I did that but it seems they have 2 ship the stuff in from Australia, and it ends up costing more than £15 for a 2oz tub.                                                                                                                                                                              
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

i've said before and i'll say it again...a tin of cherry blossom boot polish does the trick on my leathers and it aint expensive!                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

You think you've got it tough D?  I've recently learnt that my old gore-tex jacket has started to leak under heavy rain :-(!   So I'm going to have to wear a cheap waterproof overjacket over the top of it sometimes.  What a pain.  Seriously tempted to blow a few hundred squid and get it replaced.   I suppose I shouldn't complain, had it a long time as in probably around eight years and have worn it very regularly for around five of those with it covering something like 50,000 miles I suspect.  (36,000 of which are over the last couple of years.)                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

my textile leaks in any rain, so looks like im also gonna av 2 spend out on sum new gear, Ive ad a few leak n just dont know which make or wot 2 go for as me last couple of jackets av both leaked on the sleeves                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Hein Gericke gear has always served me well (or well up to around 50,000 miles lol) D.  I'd recommend them.                                                                                                                                                                             
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Effax Lederbalsam - Try your local saddlery or tack shop. It's lighter than Renapur and really soaks into leather, I used it to recondition an old jacket that was very dry and stiff and it did a marvellous job. I think Renapur does a slightly better job of waterproofing but Effax seems to do a better job of feeding and conditioning. 

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7656 seconds. There are 812 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption