uSwitch New Bike Insurance Website

28 Posts | Latest reply on 11/06/2009 19:10:50 by excalibur | Go to original / last post
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Not as much as you think Thumbs Up   Em Cool                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

le me know how ya get on exc, i am swapping my bike this morning all being well, so will be interesting how ya get on....good luck                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

hiya Ian and Hull750 , i browsed various car/bike insurers and can honestly advise that "FOOTMAN JAMES" gave me the best quote at the time , so my business went to them (thank you H750 )the bike being 200-00 less than the next best option ..so it just follows that i insured the car with them as well!even the excess on both items and general cover is better than on other quotes received.so once again a big THANK YOU to BM subscribers.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

nice one exc, when the blackbirds ins is due i will defo try them                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

yeah ,the bikes covered now and Em's expecting me early to fetch it ...so i'm on my way and feeling a bit excited at the short ride , got to leave early to avoid traffic snarlups .                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

ride safe                                                                                                                                                                              
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

The problem that I have with price comparison web sites for motorcycle insurance is that I have four bikes that I want covered with each one having been modified to a greater or lesser extent. Although most of the mods aren't performance enhancing, I always feel it best to declare everything since I have a cynical view of insurance companies looking for an excuse not to pay out if the worst happens. There's not really a proper facility to list the departures from manufacturers' specs or the security measures and I need to be able to e-mail a list of everything that's non-standard. So, when I was due for renewal in March, I phoned around since I was not pleased with an unexplained increased premium from my existing broker, Carole Nash. Unfortunately, the only broker who came back to me with a competitive quote was Swinton Bikes and they have been totally useless ever since. I'll post details in the Random Rant thread but in the interim, I shall bear in mind Footman James and include them when my insurance is due next year. I certainly don't propose to stay with the current shower. From my experience, I recommend you avoid Swinton Bikes like the plague.

BTW, maybe this warrants a PM but I gather from the posts that Excalibur has a 955i Daytona. I am getting seriously p***ed off with my Falco and am seriously considering the Triumph if I can unload the Aprilia. Is there anything I should know about them that the motorcycle press doesn't publish?
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

Its a daytona 900 (885) 1993 model which i just bought for a reasonable price off e-bay sight unseen , must say i'm glad to have 2 wheels and she handles well , apart from this i'm positive the new models are excellent having seen them and listened to owners at the York Triumph dealership ! too expensive for me now though to even consider a new one .

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4060 seconds. There are 655 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption