Aviemore

73 Posts | Latest reply on 18/04/2009 09:01:29 by geoffb2005 | Go to original / last post
moonstone's Profile
moonstone

In: Redditch
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I could so be interested in this. I have my bike test very soon and if the bike I am after pan (pipes) out I could be on my way!! I love scotland. Lin x                                                                                                                                                                               
jedd001's Profile
jedd001

In: Storrington
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi everyone - I would have been very interested in coming with all you guys! However I'm restricted in my leave date choices and have a trip planned for a week from sunny Sussex to various points of interest in the Bonnie Place starting 15th June. I'm hoping to camp to keep costs down and hoping the midge populus has not got going too much at the at that time!! If anyone else cannot make your dates I would love to be going /meeting with others (and I have a pillion seat on my Blackbird that needs a bot to grace it also!!) so get in touch with me. Have a great time you guys - and safe riding! Tim
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

After much deliberation, discussion and interrogation, the preferred accommodation for this trip is the Pottery Bunkhouse at Laggan Bridge; potterybunkhouse.co.uk/   I am hoping to be able to get it for four nights for either the last weekend in June (25/26th to 29/30th) or the first weekend in September (3rd/4th to 7/8th).   The cost of this would be a mere £48/person or a staggering £52/person with bedding hire, otherwise you have to bring a sleeping bag.   There are some superb roads in the area and loads of things to see and do if you fancy a day off the bike.  I'll be planning a few recommended routes for those not familiar with the area and these will vary according to distance and/or difficulty.    Everyone's welcome although I'd suggest you need a decent sized machine (400/500cc and above) as it's a long way up there.  Anyone wanting to come on a smaller bike, 125s for example, are also welcome, but I'm afraid you may have to make your own way.   This ain't a guided tour or anything like that.  Just a good weekend with friends on bikes.  If you want to do any of the recommended routes, you can do them either with me (if I'm doing that route) or as a smaller group or even on your tod, not a problem.  If on the other hand you fancy doing your own thing and simply meeting up with the rest on an evening, feel free.   As I said before to avoid getting fingers burnt, I'm going to insist on pennies in advance prior to booking as my little fat digits have been burnt before (not by anyone in BM I hasten to add).  Either that or I'll advise of the dates and you can book yourself ... not an issue.   I am going to be at RC's Matlock meet on the 19th and so if you want to get your monies to me, that could be the best place to do it.  If you're keen and many are, but can't make the 19th PM me and we can sort it from there.                                                                                                                                                                             
Tizzy73's Profile
Tizzy73

In: Forfar

Just going to throw an old spanner in the works here - Sorry FJ but Thunder is Friday 28th this year not 21st so if you want to go back to your original plan of weekend 21st you should be fine!  Feel free to throw the spanner back at me LOLOuch                                                                                                                                                                             
timhall's Profile
timhall

In: LOWER DUNSFORTH

Hi, i'll throw another spanner then. The Friendly Bikers rally is on the weekend 5th- 6th September. so trip would have to be in June.                                                                                                                                                                             
fastjock's Profile
fastjock

In: Ripon

Sorry to say can't do end of June , of to IOW week after .
August out for me too , Bridge Rats Rally 1st weekend , trip to Laggan Bridge wi kids 3rd weekend .

Will have to wait till next year , if your doing it again next year that is.

Thanx for the info Tizzy , was calculating dates out from last years Thunder , couldn't find a date for this year at the time .
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

Doh!!  Ok, guys - second weekend in September?                                                                                                                                                                             
Tizzy73's Profile
Tizzy73

In: Forfar

FJ I usually use this site: http://www.bikers1.com/dyn/showrallies.php And no it's isn't just for rallies in Scotland LOL   Furry boots on 29th May                                                                                                                                                                             
timhall's Profile
timhall

In: LOWER DUNSFORTH

Second weekend in September is OK with me.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Sounds a good choice to me Geoff,midges will have calmed down by then,the roads will be Quieter as all the kids will be back at school and the weather is usually pretty perfect for biking.                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Hopefully recovered from the Rally by then,second week in Sept...count me in.                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

Little reminder .. I will be at RC's meet in Matlock this coming Sunday. Anyone interested in Aviemore needs to think about giving me all your money and I can get the Bunkhouse booked.  £48 gets you four nights in a dorm.                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

Final reminder .. I will be taking money for this tomorrow.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5313 seconds. There are 1026 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption