Aviemore

73 Posts | Latest reply on 18/04/2009 09:01:29 by geoffb2005 | Go to original / last post
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Ok peeps.  This is just a feeler at the moment to see who would be genuinely interested.   I am considering arranging a long weekend or similar in Scotland for BM members this summer.   My plan was to meet at Scotch Corner from where we'd travel north along some of the best roads Britain has to offer up to Aviemore in the Highlands (just south of Inverness/Nairn), where we'd stay for three/four nights, before heading back south.   Price is liable to be around £150 B&B for a room (for up to 2 people) for three nights (more obviously for four), but may be able to get a better price if there is a number of us.   Using Aviemore as a base, you can tour a good number of the best biking areas of the Mid-Highlands, including Loch Ness, Glen Coe, Isle of Skye and the excellent Applecross ring.   Everyone's welcome and it could be used as a good introduction to motorcycle touring for those that have never tried it.   Let me know if you are interested.                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

oHHHh I would SOOOOO be up for this - probably not on my 'ickle L plated 125 mind you! but if there's a spare pillion going??? Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Liking the idea, Geoff.Smile   My thoughts are: Make the base further west Make it a week                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

I would love to do this too!!  Very much so!.. One of my dreams!   BUT... I would need to beg a pillion too?!?!     Not sure I could do a week tho...    Will keep any eye on this thread Smile                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

any eye? how many u got? LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

pmsl !  ooops I meant AN eye ..i only have the one, yours truly Cyclops ! Cool                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

ooo yes pls,think i might be able to wobble me way to scotland but need to plan well in advance and 3 days better than a week, wouldnt mind camping to keep costs down, im hoping to move house this yr and will need all my spare pennies                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

good idea geoff, wish i was over in the UK to take part.   Make sure u got ur waterproofs tho lol.   Pillion-ing is good too cos u can split fuel costs etc on such a long trip.   When you have some basic details proposed, bung it up in the events calendar and get the attendance/lift requests going.   If I can, i might even get a ferry over myself                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

sounds like a plan Geoff could be up for this one will keep both eyes on this                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

lol @ Rifraf... can i  borrow one of yours if i need mine?                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

you can't watch everything.And yes you can there no good to meWacko                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

lol.. well im goin for mine checked on Wednesday.. I bet theyve only got stripes left tho...Ermm   I agree with Julie, i wouldn't mind campin either to keep the cost down.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

only problem with that is all the kit you have to take. no trailers and kitchen sinks.LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

ok..no kitchen sinks.. we'll give u men a couple of days off !LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
chunkichick's Profile
chunkichick

In: Cowling
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

oooooo eye count me in pls....might have spare seat too, i'll keep watchin this space                                                                                                                                                                              
kenn52's Profile
kenn52

In: leeds

Kitchen sink Karey! how about you keeping my bike clean and polished. Im up for it some fantastic campsites and 3 days is not alot of time. You are looking at around 250 to 300 miles a day to inverness. Will see how this pans out. Nice to here your still around Stella.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

eyup Kenn - where you been?????                                                                                                                                                                             
kenn52's Profile
kenn52

Me im always around some where. how you going on. are you up for this one then, and youv got your own bike now! wow.   spring bank may be a good weekend, 25 is bank holiday come on Geof put some idears up.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

errrm...am up for this as a pilly LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
kenn52's Profile
kenn52

do you think you can still get on my bike, remember last time! you could bring your nitting though.                                                                                                                                                                                 

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 724 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption