motorcycle instructors course

28 Posts | Latest reply on 25/01/2009 22:32:48 by Karey | Go to original / last post
dabnis's Profile
dabnis

In: grantham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Ok hopefully in next couple weeks ill be starting my instructors course (down training first .cbt's ect ) just wondered what to exspect in the training .   if anyone got link to helpful site with this training.what ill be doing ect .   would be great help.   (got to do my bit toget more of us on  road.)   p.s sorry if this is in the wrong section not sure where to post it .                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Nice one Dab!

Best of luck with it - will you do discounted rates for BM members? Wink

dabnis's Profile
dabnis

In: grantham

i wish course cost £1,500 the guy has said he will put me through it under condition i work for him .                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

hey good for you mate, best of luck with that. Make sure you keep us posted of your progress                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

I did mine 11years ago and instructed for 5 years. I had to do 3 weeks unpaid ( that was a commitment thingErmm) I had to learn all current aspects of motorcycling law IE who needs a CBT, MOT requirements, learner laws, Highway code. I was then put through bike training which was at first hours and hours of observed riding and basicly bought up to scratch. They then tought me how to ride with a pupil, safe distances etc so I wouldn't unnerve them by riding to close.   I had to do several rides where I had to provide a running commentary with another instuctor so he could make sure I was being as observant as i could be.  Most of the rest of the training was being put through the same course they would give a novice rider so that I learned the test routes and the course schedule. It also gave me a better understanding of what it was like to be back on L plates. And they were a lot stricter on mock tests with us, we were allowed next to no mistakes. All this was done and monitored through (what is now) the DSA   Almost wish I had kept currant.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

hope you are successful dabnis..........keep BM posted hey...........   interesting to read your reply too ghostie:o)...........take it you kinda regret giving it up then?..................                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

I do when the test driving work gets a bit slow. I wouldn't mind doing a bit of testing for the local papers etc.   I did enjoy instructing, I found ladies easier to teach as thier not so cocky (no pun intended) as the young lads or men.   The Born agains could be hard work sometimes, "Yes mate I know what to do I used to have a Proper Triumph ya know in 1965....not like these new ones, thier not proper ones ya know!"   "Yes, but have you ridden anything over 50bhp with modern tyres and disc brakes?"   "Erm...I sat on a Honda CBR when they first came out...."   "Shut up and lisen then!"   Always was a people person!Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Jim - get yer arse up to mine then & give us a hand getting my baby out!! Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

^^^Embarrassed^^^Ghostie as a midwifeLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

ROFPMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! didn't realise what I'd wrote till I just re-read it then Big smileEmbarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

LOL  LMFAO !!! 
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

Now theres an offer. First weekend I'm free Stella you're on.                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

*sighs*....ah, HG........you soooooooooooo asked for trouble with that post!............will you gals ever learn?!..............Ermm.......                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

...especially with XK lurking about...     PS - anybody require a lurker, housetrained...?                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

hehe!.......you said it geez!...didn't think it was worth stating the obvious, personally!LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Hey Sinbad.... u can be the official FFS instructor !! ... the rest of you, dont worry im sure we cud do wiv some extra help anorl ! Well me personally...can do wiv all the help i can get !! lol ConfusedLOL                                                                                                                                                                               
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

SINBAD?

Doesn't that stand for "Single Income, No Boyfriend And Desperate"?

LOL

Karey's Profile
Karey

LMFAO !!!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

Who's sinbad?                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

soz.. i was thinking dabnis was sinbad backwards..and automatically typed sinbad instead of dabnis...   apologies to dabnis for changing his name. Confused   *my first love at high school was called Nomis ... Simon, really.  Shudda hung in there..,he's making megabucks designing animated puppets for films and tv programs ...  but i bet he dunt have a bike!! haha *                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7656 seconds. There are 615 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption