England

47 Posts | Latest reply on 15/01/2009 11:46:47 by Karey | Go to original / last post
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Well I'm a NUN now, that's practically a saint! Cool                                                                                                                                                                              
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

The only saint I can think of that was actually born in England is St Alban.

And he's been suggested to take over from George as patron saint before...

There may be others, but that's the only one I can think of.

TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

St Michael, patron saint of Marks & Spencer?                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Hey - I've just looked up St Alban - seems he's patron saint of converts, refugees and torture victims... sounds like the perfick choice of patron saint of England! LOL

I thought Michael was patron saint of sensible knickers? Amounts to the same thing...

Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

cool!..St. Alban it is then:o)...................maybe we could start a petition etc..to make him  patron saint of BM!lol..............N.U.N.? c'mon then..spill em?:o)..........   TC.......................yer plonker!                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

I was out a while back with a few of my English friends was around the time of the rugby world cup so lots of St George flags about. I asked them if they knew when St George's day was. Not one of them had a Clue. So then I asked them about St Patrick They all knew about him. So being the kind Irish bloke that I am I enlightend them                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

England? Can't wait to get out again.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

St George 23rd April
St David 1st March
St Patrick 17th March
St Andrew 30th November.

All those years in the Girl Guides weren't wasted on me Wink

micksaway's Profile
micksaway

Shows the power of marketing by Guinness that they all knew St Patrick's day Talking of Guinness sounds like a plan Marketing Bas****s more money gone                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

St Cuthbert (634 - 687) is regarded as the patron saint of Northumbria. He spent much time among the people, ministering to their spiritual needs, carrying out missionary journeys, preaching, and performing miracles.   Alban was a Roman army officer, martyred in 304.                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

cheers for info XT!..............forgot you know yer stuff when it comes to history geez:o)....................thats Alban struck off me hit list then!lol...weird to think that Northumbria had one all to themselves with Cuthbert!..c'mon geez.......help me out here............who could be justifiably deemed a decent, home grown English saint for us all, that passes my rather strict criteria?!:o)............
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thomas Becket (St Thomas) was born in London.                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

heard of him, dont know owt about him though..was he known as a decent geezer n that? .what did he do?!.......                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

He was Archbishop of Canterbury if that counts for owt. Had a barney with Henry II, and a few of his knights thought they were doing the king a favour by murdering him.                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

oooooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!lol..............sounds interesting:o)......will google him sometime methinks!....cheers geez........                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

Didnt they make Diana a saint or was that just the media pandering to the purple rince bragade                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

good question mick......wheres our resident saint teccie then?!.............................XK.............the answer is??                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

hmmmm   and what about Mother Theresa?  wasn't  she 'sainted' ?  or wotever they do to them?Confused                                                                                                                                                                               
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

cremated more like.                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

LOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7808 seconds. There are 685 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption