abbreviations

22 Posts | Latest reply on 19/12/2008 17:58:14 by Wannabe | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

pleeeeeeeese someone, tell me what all the abbreviations mean,, ya know PMSL and the ROM sumfin one, I haven't got a clue! Sorry folks, don't mean to be dimConfused   looks down at feet and shuffles a bit and hopes for enlightenmentEmbarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Hi LC - if you do a google, you'll find there's a load of urban dictionarys around try urbandictionary.com it'll give you a meaning of all the abbreviations Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

THANKSThumbs Up  i'll go have a look now!!
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

There's a HUGE list here of internet (& SMS) acronyms:   www. netlingo.com/emailsh.cfm                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks WB I feel a bit foolish now,cos i've been told what a few of them mean and I feel stupid for not knowingDisapprove                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

No need to feel foolish, lc!!   Just a word of advice.. don't overuse them...   But then, wtfdik?                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Most definitely no need to feel foolish LC!   It's a whole new language out there! Folk are always coming up with new abbreviations that you've never heard of... I just have a quick google to see if I can find it elsewhere - or ask 'em straight out.   Then again... I'm the sort of person who punctuates text messages.   *ahem*                                                                                                                                                                                 
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

...and LOL is not a form of punctuation!! Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

LOL used to be the only one I knew! TC. I'm learnin fast.. I figured that one out! ( chuckle)Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

a friend of mine didnt know what LOL was, and he said "Stop saying Lots of Love to me!"                                                                                                                                                                             
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

In: Reading

Ha Ha, LOL, OMG. WTF, AOL, LOL!!!!!!!!!! IIRC, DILLIGAF, FTW, HTTP!!!!!!!!   And that's without all the military ones that seem to lurk unnoticed in the conversation until someoen actually asks.   OMG my CO went AWOL with the GI from the QMs!!! Quick, RV at the FOB with the MPs and an RT. We'll join CQB ASAP while the RAF S&C the LZ.........   At least that lot makes some sense. I simply ignore anyone who texts me and cannot write. I suppose it's a bit harsh, but I don't have the time to try and guess which vowels they've omitted.... "Hllo wdy, hw r u? m gng shppng wv my m8s thn dwn pb 4 br. wnt 2 cm?"                                                                                                                                                                                 
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Kwak sent me these good start   Chat Room Abbreviations Obviously not all those I’ve listed will appear in the chat room, (or in private chat or forums) and some I haven’t listed may appear.   Emboldened ones are the most frequently used.   A ATB                         All the best AFK                         Away from keyboard   B   BRB                       Be right back BBL                        Be back later BBS                        Be back soon BFN                        Bye for now BTW                       By the way   C CUL8R                   See you later CHL8R                   Chat later   D DYK?                      Do you know?   E EOD                       End of discussion   F F2F                         Face to face FWIW                     For what it’s worth FYI                          For your information FFS                         For f*** sake   G G&BIT                    Grin & bear it G2G                        Got to go GBH                       Great big hug GOWI                     Get on with it GR8                        Great   H HAG1                     Have a good one HAND                    Have a nice day HIH                         Hope it helps HSIK?                    How should I know?   I IC                            I see IDTT                       I dread to think OR I’ll drink to                                 that. IJWTK                    I just want to know IM                            Instant Message (same as PM) IMO                         In my opinion INPO                      In no particular order   J JAM                        Just a minute JIC                          Just in case J/K                          Just kidding     KHYF                      Know how you feel KIT                          Keep in touch KUTGW keep up the good work   L L8R                        Later LOL                        Laughing out loud LTNS                      Long time no see   M MYOB                     Mind your own business   N NE                          Any NE1                        Anyone NOYB                     None of your business   O OMG!                     Oh my god! OTOH                     On the other hand   P PM                          Private Message PML                        Peeing myself laughing PPL                        People   Q Q                             Question   R ROFL                     Rolling On Floor Laughing ROFLMHO            Rolling On Floor Laughing My Head Off ROFPML               Rolling On Floor Peeing                                 Myself Laughing R U                         Are you   S SOH                       Sense of humour                                SOHF                     Sense of humour failure   T TMI                         Too much information TY                           Thank you THX                        Thanks THNX                     Thanks Typo                       Typing error   U                             You   W WB                         Welcome Back   X XLNT                      Excellent   Y YBS                        You’ll be sorry Y?                           Why? Y W                         You’re Welcome                                                                                                                                                                                 
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

PML Mick, nice to see you made use of my list. Thumbs Up    a tip for you, highlight the text and change it to BLACK, before you submit it. I know it's already black, but you have to change it to black for it NOT to show up WHITE                                                                                                                                                                                  
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hey thanks for that Mick The "ROF" ones used to puzzle me... but now I know!Approve                                                                                                                                                                              
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

Will you lot stick to english please. after all the site is a .co.uk not a .com                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Tha wot PP?  ah duz spake proppa English..   and I know when to use capitalisation) heheheLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
firebladekid's Profile
firebladekid

In: norwich

think everyone should go back to writeing propley and useing pen and paper . its more personal when writen in your own hand .   email and abbreviation just cheapen the english                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Computers just confuse me Kwak why do they think for themselves and change things                                                                                                                                                                              
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

Was eine Last der Sheiße!!!!
Saugen Sie meine Pflaumen !!!

LOLEvil Smile
Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I use such abbreviations as LOL and PMSL, but one thing that is annoying me recently, is the new trend to actually SAY these abbreviations ...   You'll do or say something amusing and some very wierd person will say "lol!" ....... What???  Is our msn'ing and text'ing world taking over so much now that people can't even be bothered to laugh anymore??   Rant over.   Saying this, whilst working at Leeds Council, a few of the guys and myself used to put the 'job code' TIO down on our timesheets quite a lot.   No-one ever questioned it!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9688 seconds. There are 692 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption