Cold starting problem - ZZR600

31 Posts | Latest reply on 03/12/2008 19:54:55 by geoffb2005 | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

snowed like hell   ErmmQuestion!                                                                                                                                                                             
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

That's dandruf sunshine LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

should see it today Herne!                                                                                                                                                                             
Misty 1's Profile
Misty 1

In: Renfrewshire

I thought I was doing well taking a motorcycle maintanence course, and being able to change my indicators over. But Fraglette you sound like an pro at this. You got some sound advice                                                                                                                                                                             
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

Most early zzr600s should've had a modification done on the carbs on a recall,basicly it's a tube running from the rad around the carbs to stop them freezing,works too.It's not an expensive job if it hasn't been done already.                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

If it is the old Kawasaki carb icing problem, then even though it's out of warranty, your local dealer may do it for free as a number of models had it done as a recall.                                                                                                                                                                             
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

Good point Geoff Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Mine isnt an old model, its on an 02 plate, and it has carb "heaters" and i use that term loosely.  The dealer checked to make sure that they were working, but in extreme weather carbs will still ice.  its to do with moisture in the air being cooled by the evaporation effect of the petrol as it is pushed through the needles.                                                                                                                                                                                 
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

Couldn't have put it better myself Frag ...... perhaps we should be asking for your advice on the matter lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

nah, I am theoretically brilliant, but practically useless.  I know the whys & whats of it all, but I cant fix stuff.  And electrics are a dark evil magic, that is a path only trodden by the brave and methodical.  As some people say (and i wont give names to save PP 's blushes Wink) I am a bike nerd!                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

"nah, I am theoretically brilliant, but practically useless"   PMSL!!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9688 seconds. There are 1585 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption