Day 1 - failure

27 Posts | Latest reply on 27/11/2008 11:08:52 by prof | Go to original / last post
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Awwww I thank u!!  heheh   Hope I'm not gonna be scared..unless ive got sumone next to me who i can snuggle up wiv  ... hmmmm not much chance of that lol                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

Brilliant thread Stella. Bloody Brilliant. A bike is a pack animal......you have to show it who the Alpha dog is!   Now try it on something weighing over 250kg fueled and loaded and see how much sweat you have! lol   Keep trying girl, its all experiance                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

"might have it on VHS somewhere"   V ... H ... S...???   Sorry you've lost me ...... is this an alternative to Blu-ray?                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Hey I'm only just getting to grips with the 20th Century... gimme a chance! ;o)                                                                                                                                                                             
fastjock's Profile
fastjock

In: Ripon

Yep we've all done the dropping bike bit , all part of the learning curve , I miss flicked the side stand on my GS500 which was fully loaded up at the time so was top heavy , in a services carpark with half a dozen bikers watching , snapped the clutch lever clean off , so it was onto the back of a recovery wagon for the remaining 600+ miles back to Basingstoke , ex was well happy as it was late October so the dry warm run home made up for the embaressment .   Dropped the Bandit at work , slipped on gravelly bit as I was wheeling it back , broke the front indicator (been super-glued n taped up for last 6 years) , only had 200 cows laughing and sniggering at me as I popped blood vessels getting it back on it's wheels , found out that I can only just lift the Bandit back up on my own thou .   So stick with it Stella your not alone. Big smile   I go down to Huddersfield from time to time to visit in-laws , don't mind popping thru to give you some pointers with the slow control , helped the ex and 2 of her sisters with thiers .                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Hey Kaz, unfortunately my drive is only just longer than the car! & I have no front garden to ride it around & couldn't get it into the back even if it wasn't all gravel & decking! Big smile However, I have a cunning plan! Am gonna give myself an extra 10 feet of flat to play with - will give her a nice sweet talking to in the garage, make her feel all nice & loved, then warm her up in there & then make a run from it out of the garage before she realises that she's being ridden!....sod closing the garage door ! LOL Then if we make it off the drive & up onto the close & then out onto the main road, I just may not stop ....well not until we find a flat spot to play on ...however round here, that's a fair way away! ..... Will prob try again on Sat or Sun, so watch out for a Day 2 posting! Geek   FJ - thanks for the offer, I just may take you up on it!...mind you I think I just need to adjust the clutch so it dosn't bite so late!                                                                                                                                                                             
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Another one for the "we've all done it" club, I wedged front wheel in the cobbles outside the library, put my foot down and discovered the camber meant it was several inches off the ground. I ended up with my leg pinned under an FJ1200 just as a large group of pensioners were coming out of the library theatre. Cue long procession of little old dears asking "are you alright dear", "yes I'm fine thanks just resting". Eventually one of the security guards came out and lifted bike off my leg. Somedays there are advantages to balaclavas and full face helmets.   p.s. Not to worry you or anything but that incident was after 25 years of riding, it isn't just newbies!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2969 seconds. There are 1005 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption