attached members!

48 Posts | Latest reply on 21/11/2008 11:57:28 by ttaskmaster | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

i would be very interested to know why male members wink and send pm,s to other members looking for females? when it says on their profiles that they are attached! or am i missing the point!                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Arfaid to say theres a few sad, desperate types on here Kilmarney...every site has them i guess... It's cool though, stick around long enough, and you'll soon be able to pick out the sincere ones among us.....yes....there are some!Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

hang on back up a bit! male member's sending wink's to member's lookin fer females ????[hello Kilmarney yes i'm one of the sad,well more desperate than sad types!!]                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

and not everyone reads the entire profile, they may have simply missed the Attached bit.   Or they may just be looking for friends.   A polite message back is all that's required.                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

Can't say personally, that i'd send a wink to a female without having checked out her profile properly first....where upon i would see that she is attached, and therefore think that a wink was totally inappropriate... A PM saying hi etc...methinks....                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

no, wot i am saying is men that are attached and seeking females? wot is that all about!                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

Some (who i know personally) are genuinely looking for female pillions, as there wives/partners don't like bikes etc... Afraid i can't speak for all though....                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Yeah some are genuinely looking for platonic relationships... Some are looking for extra marital affairs... The description "attached" doesn't mean as much to some as it does to others. And some folk don't take marriage vows terribly seriously.

Some folk, despite being "attached" or "married" still think the grass is greener... they just don't have the guts to end one relationship before they've got someone else lined up.

And note I say "folk" as in: both men and women...

Just ignore them Kilmarney.

If anyone becomes a bit of a pest, block them.

Or refer them to me as I'm still in a shin-kicking mood ;o)

Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

To be honest with you kilmarney, I am not a fast rider and enjoy the ride and getting there. I prefer to ride with women as they are not out to prove anything to anyone and more often are better riders than blokes in my own opinion. There are a few guys i will ride with as they have the same mindset as me. In my experience and I am not taring everyone with the same brush here, you get a bunch of blokes together and they get competitive. and i am sick of catching them up and then having to get my first aid kit out while everyone stands around talking about how it wasn't his fault.   sorry went off on a bit if a tangent there.                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

its a whole new ball game riding in group and demand's certain disciplines and manner's, for a first timer it can be quite deadly if you aint careful! perhap's someone could lay out the 'rule's of engagement' for us as even me at my age havent done hardly any group riding![noone will let me in!]
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Group riding is dead simple.   Try to keep to relatively small groups; two to six is an ideal number.  If you are part of a larger group, make it clear that people shouldn't be uncomfortable with breaking into smaller groups.  I have ridden on tours with large numbers of bikes, thirty plus and we have always broken up into small groups of similar riding speeds.   Try to ride at the pace of the slowest rider.  If you're not familiar with other riders, check that they're genuinely happy with the pace a couple of times during the day.   If you are quicker than others, then feel free to zip off ahead and then wait at an opportune moment.   Similarly, if you are slower than the others, never, never feel compelled to try and keep up, this is how big accidents happen, I know, I have seen it.  And frankly, if you are riding with a group that is insistent on leaving you behind everywhere, sod 'em and start looking for a different group.   I for one am generally happy travelling at anything from a little under the speed limits on open roads to 30/40 mph above them and many others are the same.  In towns, everyone should be around the speed limits.                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

Back to thread though Kilmarney.   Any fella who is married etc but interested in more than just the company of a good pillion should be told exactly what you think.  If you ain't into that then tell him.  If he continues to bother you, block 'im.                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

..and if it is safe to do so, alternately stagger your road position (i.e. one to the lefthand side of the lane, the next to the right etc.) so that those behind you can see a little further down the road and brake lights etc....   (oops, sorry.. apologies to Kilmarney... BACK TO THREAD!!)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Some groups designate a 'tail-end charlie', whose job it is to keep behind the slowest rider, so they are never on their own.                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

Woah!! What happened there!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Similarly, if you are slower than the others, never, never feel compelled to try and keep up, this is how big accidents happen, I know, I have seen it. And frankly, if you are riding with a group that is insistent on leaving you behind everywhere, sod 'em and start looking for a different group.

Well said Geoff!

I've lost count of the number of people I've had this conversation with, especially women, who feel that they "have" to try to keep up, or that everyone will get fed up with them if they don't... It particularly winds me up when they're very new riders, being egged on by their husbands who've ridden for 20+ years and who SHOULD be looking out for their wives, not putting them in more danger or trying to make them ride outside their limits.

I have been known to have *words* with said husbands ;o)

*still in shin-kicking mode*
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Sorry yeah... what Geoff said... thrice ;o)

*note to self: type faster*                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Think yr riders got a bit bunched, Geoff.                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Duplicates deleted Geoff...  Thumbs Up All in a days modding Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
74% Karma74% Karma 74% Karma74% Karma

I'm a sort of medium-paced rider, but there's a few women in this forum who are at warp factor nine almost before I'm out of first gear. Cuts both ways ya knowTongue                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9375 seconds. There are 800 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption