125 for sale

34 Posts | Latest reply on 23/11/2008 21:01:31 by Karey | Go to original / last post
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

Thumbs Up Good idea Geoff,something we could all do.
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Seriously thinking about it Geoff... Getting very fed up of checking out adverts, phoning 'em up and discovering the advert is complete bullpoop!   If it's a non-runner, then say it's a bleddy non-runner! *   "Couple of minor jobs" = "the engine blew up, the carbs are bloxxed, there's no throttle cable and the seat's missing for reasons unknown."   You get the picture ;o)   OK so I've been looking at the cheapest of the cheap cos I've just not managed to get any more cash together yet and I'm already resigned to the fact that I'm probably going to have to double my budget, but it sure sounds like I could get a lot more bike for my money by splashing out on a van and spending a weekend oooop Norf.         * And DON'T then call ME a time waster when you finally admit that what you're actually offering for sale is a pile of rust with a few broken metal bits, vaguely resembling some bike parts ;o)                                                                                                                                                                             
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

I'm basicly after anything that's roadworthy for around the £200 mark,as long as it can get me home safely then I don't mind doing the odd job on it.When I say anything this does not incude scooters.                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Geoff...shhhhhh...all them suvverners will be buying up the cheap bikes...and mekkin huge profits..while us dirty norverners have to work even harder to get sum brass :o(   ps... I'm still after a roadworhy cheapish bike..but unlike oggy..i don't  have the skill to do the odd job on it :o(                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

"odd job on it" only £200 and He wants a movie villain too coo there's optimism for yer lmao   Mind you it'll have bloody good suspension he was a fat bugger that odd job heh heh heh ;o)                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

You might have to add me to this quest for a cheap 125 in the near future too! :)   *haven't done CBT yet and need to see how I take to it*                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

pmsl @ HR LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Herne's Profile
Herne

In: Dewsbury

Agree with that canny scots lass Cassie...chineese bikes have come on a long way in the last year....I know the engineering is far better cos we have done a lot of repairs to chineese engineering goods because they used inferior metals etc..however they have got their act together and now seem to be doing fine. Anyways my point is this....the chineese buy plans for english/japanese bikes and then make them to those specs thus if you say get a chineese susuki EN 125 copy then the parts from a genuine susuki EN will fit....hope this all makes sense....Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Go Roachy! :o)

Interesting info there Herne - yes - perfect sense! Brilliant thank you :o)                                                                                                                                                                             
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

I was hoping for Catwoman HR but she talks too flaming much.LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
fastjock's Profile
fastjock

In: Ripon

If you looking for a cheap 125 , have a look on ebay , specially those with no MOT that havn't been on the road for a while .   I bought one of ebay in march 2007 for my ex's 30th , a suzuki 125 marauder , went to view it and he couldn't get it started even tho he had put a new battery and spark plug in it , he wanted £500 for it , I offered him £300 as a non-runner , he accepted . Got the bike home parked it in the garage and put the optimiser charger on the battery , an hour later the battery was fully charged , tried the starter and hey presto it fired into life , he had only flooded it to death . Put new rear shocks on £50 and new front brake pads £13.50 , went straight thru MOT £27 , a years tax £15 . £405.50 and a good little bike on the road .   The ex got her cbt and rode it around for a couple months (and boy she could ride well) but had couple of close encounters with head up thier ass car drivers , decided she couldn't cope with the other idiots on the road , so it was left parked up in the garage until april this year (ok I had a few little blasts on it just to keep it in useable order you understand) .   The bike sold with only 9 days remaining on the MOT and 0.5mm legal tread left on the back tyre for £600 .   There we go , bargains are out there to be had .   I am sure that anyone that doesn't have too much knowlege of bikes can always get assistance from the more clued up members on here , most of them would probably be more than happy to help you when it comes to buying one and with any problems you may cross along the way.                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Nice one FJ !!   Wish I cud drop on something like that !                                                                                                                                                                              
Herne's Profile
Herne

In: Dewsbury

Whaat...you've had loads of chances kaz....shakes head sadly......have a mate who's got a yammy for sale...no tax or test on it but it's a runner   but reason no test on it is because it's been stood in a garage for ages...should fly through test with a bit of elbow grease...am waiting for him to send me some photos of it...but I thought you wanted one T and T else I could have had one for you ages ago.    oh well it's shite weather anyways Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

lol Herne.... I had one that i NEARLY got..and that one u teld me abart was too far.. i think..   will pm u hun !                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6875 seconds. There are 1282 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption