125 for sale

34 Posts | Latest reply on 23/11/2008 21:01:31 by Karey | Go to original / last post
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

cbr 125 mileage 8409 reg ndo5tdx (blue) approx £1200 being sold by a motorcycle instructor with large off road practice area for anyone wanting a good wizz around on it!   location   Tockwith, between Harrogate and York pm me if you would like contact details.                                                                                                                                                                              
Herne's Profile
Herne

In: Dewsbury

Thats expensive Julie sorry for saying but taking into consideration the year and the mileage                                                                                                                                                                              
julie j's Profile
julie j

well, its not me selling it and as always the price is open to negotiation                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Out of my budget... and it'd take me about a week to get it home ;o)                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

think it would get you home a bit quicker than that or are you factoring in your snogging breaks?                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

ROFL @ snogging breaks!

I was thinking more about my lack of riding ability and finding the right A/B roads to get home. Honest I was!                                                                                                                                                                             
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

In: Reading

Sounds a good price for the mileage, assuming it's in top condition.   Age isn't really a factor in 125s. Anything less than 10K on the clock and you're usually looking at £1K+. What bumps the price up is condition, history (dropped? how often? etc), new parts, accessories and remaining Tax/MOT.   I'd expect it to be in great nick as it's an instructor's bike, so he should have looked after it following the ragging it'd have had from his learners.                                                                                                                                                                              
Herne's Profile
Herne

In: Dewsbury

you may pay that down there ttaskmaster but up here theres no way you'd ever pay that unless you were a total mug.....another point is that if a riding instructor has had it then it stands to reason it has taken some abuse...still this is just my humble opinion and maybe bike traders too Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

Think I agree Herne.Only speaking from an ex instructors point of view.About £500 worth in this area,just had a mate buy one for £350. If he can get £1200 then that's great but I wouldn't pay that much.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

just had a mate buy one for £350.   Keep yer ear to the ground for any more going please Oggy.   Most of the ones I've looked at round my way in that price region don't even go and have a list of faults as long as yer arm. I appreciate I'm not going to get something brand new and shiny for that sort of money, but come on... it's gotta at least GO, surely? I've even had 'em try to tell me it's a "classic" cos it's 15 years old or whatever & they've reluctantly dropped the price cos they're moving and don't have the space!   FFS! Do I have "terminally stupid" tattooed across my forehead or summat?   It'd probably only take me about 3 days to get it back from Cambs too ;o)                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Do I have "terminally stupid" tattooed across my forehead or summat?   Actually... on reflection, that's not such a bad idea...                                                                                                                                                                             
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

In: Reading

Certainly dahn Sahf here, you will pay more for a bike because people do not know what they're buying and 125s do hold their value. Thing is, there's always a market for 125s. There's always someone who wants one.   This is why they're so high on the theft index. Nick one and you can always find a buyer - Usually an unscrupulous/bargain-hunting/idiotic someone, who will pay cash for a knackered bike that has no Tax, MOT, V5 etc   I've also seen 125s sold to dealers who paid more than when the owner bought it in a private sale!! Right now I could find a 125 Dragstar for £1100, smarten it up and sell it for around £2000 come Summertime...     I don't know what yer Northern instructors are like, but round these parts they have to keep their bikes in top nick, else the student blames a failed test on the shitty bike and goes to another school.   I almost bought the XJR400 I did my DAS on, except that someone else offered more money than me.                                                                                                                                                                               
julie j's Profile
julie j

i bought my cbf500 from the riding school and its perfect been washed and put in the garage after every day out, i was so lucky to get it, still under warranty with only 2500 miles on the clock plus the knowledge that someone who knows about these things thinks it is a suitable bike for a novice and a supervised test ride which is very reassuring when its you first go out on a big bike, as for the 125`s suppose its different all over the country but they are like rockin horse poo up here although anyone wanting a bargain just try to hang on a couple of months and there will be more choice.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Have any of you girls thought about the chinese bikes?   They look and sound alright and are good fun to ride.A brand new one will only set you back £650 so if you can pick up a second hand one your laughing.   There was a bit of a problem getting parts when they first came out but there are loads of stockists out there now and plenty of forums for good advice.   I know they are not the best of bikes and wouldnt argue with the 'cheap chinese crap'thing,but the main thing is they are cheap to buy,fix,run and insure and i would recommend them as a good first bike.   If your not familiar with them just google chinese motorcycles and hsve a squizzThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
71% Karma71% Karma 71% Karma71% Karma

Cassie, when you first joined this forum you were having trouble with a Chinese bike. Did you ever sort it out in the end?                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Morning Cassie - I'm certainly open to the idea of the chinese bikes - just a bit wary because I've heard so many stories about how they're great when they're great, but the first spot of bother and you're stuck. i.e. problems with getting parts etc.

Maybe I'm a bit behind though with regard to stockists from what you're saying :o)

So cheers for the info.
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

it's all pot luck really.You can go & view one bike for lots of money & it's a pile of poo,then other the other hand you can find a good one for hardly anything,don't think regions or anything like that comes in to the equasion anymore these days,more down to the seller.It all comes down to simple rules of buying,if you're not really clued much about bikes try to take a friend who is or ask around a few different dealer or mechanics but just make it sound like you're asking in general about a specific model,not one that's for sale,had a dealer  jump in with a higher offer than mine once. If you don't feel somethings right about the bike trust your judgement & walk away..& most of all how much are you prepared to pay.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Hi Wills,yeah i'm sorted now.Problem i was having was finding a decent stockist for parts.Loads have appeared over the last year tho so problem solvedBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Hi Cassie I had thought abart the Chinese bikes.. but was wary of them....worried abart gettin parts etc...but if theres plenty of dealers.. mite be worth a look again. It's just that unfamiliaraty.. tend to stick to wot i know.   Will keep lookin tho  ;o)                                                                                                                                                                               
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Here's an idea.   If you guys are paying £1k+ down there for a bike that goes for half that up here (and I'm only going by the posts in this thread) why not buy a bike from up here and hire a van for the weekend to go pick it up?   I'm sure there are guys down there who'd accompany anyone during the journey so that you have company should things go wrong.   The bike shop or seller would undoubtably help in getting it in the back of a van when you pick it up and your assistant/s and/or neighbours would help get it out at the other end.   There are possible issues if anything went wrong, but buy a bike with some warranty left on it (the big four offer a two year warranty) would solve this issue.  Any problems and you just take it to your local dealer.   Hey presto, you've just saved 500 squid!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 987 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption