Rally Meeting Sat 1st Nov

79 Posts | Latest reply on 25/11/2008 10:01:40 by Karey | Go to original / last post
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

You have pm facilities dont you????                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Also have things called mods n all!!!...( can/do they actually read any PM they want by the way??)                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

God, i hope not!                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Lets not do it down before it,s on it,s feet!!!  1,who is ultimately responsible for people attending...the organiser/s that,s who...so if a youngster were to come to grief in the river...(disclaimers don,t work)so I agree no under 16,s  2,no pedestrian traffic..cassie has already pointed out why & it makes sense(local yobs cause bother & who does the finger get pointed at??) 3,start showing a bit of support for those prepared to try to organise something we all want (seems a thankless task at present)   4,make this a success and the next one could even be a FAMILY fun w/end bring your kids,granny,cat,dog,budgie...but lets start by making this one a success!!    terminate rant                                                                                                                                                                             
Herne's Profile
Herne

In: Dewsbury
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

It's so good to have a healthy discussion Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Teecee,its difficult not to take things personally when words like elitism,prejudice and bull**** politics are being banded about.   We did indeed ask for ideas opinions and offers of help but it seems that most people just want to have a moan about decisions that have already been made and justified,rather than offer anything constructive like suggested entertainment ect.   It also angers me that people are starting to hint about this being some kind of personal cause where decisions that effect many are made by the few of us able to attend the meetings.Evreybody has been given the chance of offering their ideas,i know lots of people can't get to the meetings,fair dos,but it was posted that a meeting was to take place and anybody who couldn't attend could post their ideas/concerns and they would be aired and discussed.No one posted or pm'd,just waited for an update so they could have a moan.    We are still determined that this is going to be a rally to remember,we loved the name ure welcome and totally agree with the ethos behind it,but in any organised event there has to be ground rules.Many thanks to all those who have posted/pm'd offers of help and support,now can we please leave the bickering behind and get on with what is really important here and make this a great event for all those who can attend.                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Ok, I just wrote a long reply trying to clear up some misunderstandings but in the interests of moving this thread along in a more positive direction I am going to bite my tongue (or should that be fingers!). Big smile   ..and if you want a positive contribution, I suggest putting XK in a dunk tank... that way you are sure to make LOADS of money and will probably get TM to attend too... Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

..only if the dunk tank contains beer...Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

..oh yeah, beer could work... I was thinking along the lines of a cheese fondue though..... Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Herne's Profile
Herne

That's an excellent idea TC for raising funds....Are you up for it XKL Tongue Cassie have you any idea when the next meeting is please....I need to come up with some plans for raising money for the event and I was toying with the idea of doing a raffle for a bike which I would donate but not sure of the legalities of it .                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

Bloomin eck Herne, thats a very noble offer! Big up to ya mate Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Nice one Herne...respects to yer for thatApprove                                                                                                                                                                             
Herne's Profile
Herne

Nowt noble at all DC cos obviously one couldn't say charge a pound a ticket and only fifty folk buy tickets..it wouldn't be viable would it..so obviously the value of the bike has to be covered by tickets so the monies could then go to the fund. But nice of ya anyways tankee Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Wow Herne,always knew you were a true gentSmile.Your first pint at the next meetings on meThumbs Up.   Would be great if others could come up with fundraising ideas as well as we really can't rely on advance ticket sales to cover costs.   Loving the thought of dunk tank TC,maybe solve the gents toilets problem at the same timeDead.   Hows about a bronco(greased up of course) to be attempted after dizzy sticks???   Still looking for ideas and offers re entertainment(not looking at anyone in particulair EddieWink)or how about a BM talent show and no DC you canny enter your twins,that would be unfair on the other competetorsLOL.   In Scotland next weekend Herne(gonna pick up baby and am sooo excited)but will see what can be arranged for week after.Just outta curiosity what bike are you thinking of?                                                                                                                                                                               
Herne's Profile
Herne

Pm sent cassie                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Herne...thats a really nice gestureSmile  Like Cassie sed, you're a true gent.   Cassie, count me in for the nxt rally meet.  Will it be at Grahams pub this time?   Cheers Kaz                                                                                                                                                                              
vinnie's Profile
vinnie

In: Harrogate

So then folks, whats occuring Saturday regarding the next rally meeting and the Beermonsters piss up?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

No meeting Sat Vinnie,Blue and i are gonna be in Scotland,but trying to get organised for 6th.Beermonsters do still on but you'll have to check with Duguld for details. Not sure where meets gonna be yet Kaz,but hopefully G will be there,Duguld hoping to see him this week.   Meeting open to all remember folks,and if you can't make meeting please feel free to post/pm thoughts and suggestionsThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Cassie.. any news on the 6th?  I'm mite not be able to make it.. but i don't want to lose touch with whats happening :o) x                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7656 seconds. There are 1301 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption