Pillion Nod....

34 Posts | Latest reply on 22/08/2008 05:16:55 by Karey | Go to original / last post
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

lol Wannabe .. i wuddent have let them outta the pub !   soooo... im gonna mek sure i wave/nod/thumbs up nxt time im out pillioning.....  and not just to the kids in the cars at the traffic lights! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

I wave or nod at anyone, don't bother me what they are riding. I do find the matching leathers brigade on the spanky new sports bikes with big chicken strips are the ones that dont wave back......so i gives em the bird when they pass....feckin snobs.   I even waved at a bloke on an R1 in Burton the other night, he was looking at my test car at the lights....I got a wave back too lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

in Spain they raise there left hand slightly  extending some fingers!!!i thought they were being obnoxious to a brit at first!  car drivers do it as well indicating there bikers as well!                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

Hey peeps.. are we still talking pillions here?  or has my silky soft thread become entwined wiv those of another ..??  Namely one 'Biker Nod' thread? LOL   just to confuse you im gonna start another thread.........wotch.... !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

sorry babe noddy biker gets entwined in silky soft ooooer missus!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

it's his age ya know!! Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

heheh...no probs, i cudda sed Japanese silk rope ...but fort i best not Wink LOL   lol Hfg .... aye.. altzhimma   ..alzthimuna .. buggga ..forgot wot i was gonna say now!  Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

hey!spring chicken[not] careful or your of me xmas list!                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

**snigger**                                                                                                                                                                             
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

In: Reading

This is the drawback of full face lids... you can't pull faces at the kids in the car next to you... *sighs*   Ohhhhhhhh, yes you feckin well can!!! Clearly you never studied Mime in Drama class at school :D   Try putting your left thumb up against your visor, right in front of your nose, waggling your fingers and see what response you get!! Works even with a blacked out visor!!   Click into Neutral when stopped at put the two hands upside your head, in the style of a Moose and to the waggle thing. Never fails to have people chuckling!!!   I also like to 'bop along' when stopped by the side of someone with VERY LOUD music, even if I hate it, because it makes people laugh and realise bikers are a fun bunch!!     On a more serious note, when passing on-coming bikes I have two other signals, both done with the right hand;   1/. Thumbs down, arm extended = Means there is a speed camera, cop or some other kind of danger behind me, which they're about to head into.   2/. Hand flat, palm down, arm extended. Move arm up and down, as if indicating that you're slowing (see Highway Code). Funnily enough, it indicates the oncoming bike should slow down. Usually this is more general hazards, like a horse or something in the road.     And because I am amazing, I shall now bring this post full-circle back on topic.....   Pillions (with rider's permission) are just as capable of doing these signals - It also means the rider can focus more on the road!!                                                                                                                                                                                 
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Clearly you never studied Mime in Drama class at school   Too flippin right I didn't! Bunch of weirdo teachers trying to get you to pretend to be a bleedin' tree in the gym...   Or worse... takin' you outside to the playing fields and trying to get you to skip around barefoot in yer 'orrible games shirt and navy-blue bucket knickers, pretendin to be a sodding butterfly... in full view of every boy who'd bothered to turn up to what was then one of the toughest schools in Sarf Lundun...   Aye, right! Think again teach!   The only time I run around those playing fields in front of that lot is when I'm armed with a hockey stick TYVM! LOL                                                                                                                                                                                   
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

... Wannabe in games shirt and bucket knickers...   Paramedics to Weymouth, pronto!                                                                                                                                                                             
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington

Personally I don't think there's any reason why a pillion should not wave at other bikes, it's the (unseen by the rider) one finger salute to passing plod or violent (again unseen by the rider) gesticulations to the chav in the car using his phone.  Both actions, whilst occuring unbeknown to the rider, could result in a sharp, sudden shock to the ridre's system once said victims of pillion abuse catch up with the poor unsuspecting rider!!!!!   I have heard that riders on Germany (I think) waggle their leg at other oncoming riders!!  Oh, those crazy chaps.   I did find this article The Wave about 'salutes' in the good old US of A, although I do find his description of British riders as 'our stodgy, British brothers' a bit strange coming from a Yank!                                                                                                                                                                                 
Karey's Profile
Karey

Hey Blues, i would hope that the rider only teks 'responsible pillions' and no morons that are likely to infuriate motorists or the like, but i can see your point.      Wiv regards 'the waggle'  see other thread 'Waggling of the foot.....'     I liked the Wave article...  typical cheeky yanks !! haha                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5625 seconds. There are 747 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption