Pillion Nod....

34 Posts | Latest reply on 22/08/2008 05:16:55 by Karey | Go to original / last post
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Is it pc for a pillion to nod/wave at passing bikers?                                                                                                                                                                                 
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

its ok wiv me!                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

I do...but dunt seem to get many pillions nodding/waving back..ahh well  WinkThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Silvi's Profile
Silvi

In: Northallerton

always try and nod/wave if i can but never get nowt back either...will keep trying thoEmbarrassedThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

In: Reading

Course it is!!!!!   I always return greetings, if I'm not the first one to it.   I always assume that if the pillion doesn't offer one then they're too busy hanging on tight :D       However, I learned the hard way that it is NOT acceptable for a bored pillion to do the YMCA dance while stopped at traffic lights!!!!   It's OK when I'm on my own bike, though LOLThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

I always nod/wave @ other bikers when I'm pillion - they usually wave back.   .....However, I learned the hard way that it is NOT acceptable for a bored pillion to do the YMCA dance while stopped at traffic lights!!!!   Errrr...why not ?? *****goes & hides in the corner & tries to remember NOT to do that anymore!!! Embarrassed ***                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

pmsl @ tt..  i have a very strange image of you wiv a full redskin outfit on .. making strange YMCA motions above your head whilst sitting at traffic lights......     SOMEBODY GET THE MEN IN WHITE COATS !!!!LOL                                                                                                                                                                                 
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

no get a builder an a cop!!oh an a fireman an the cowboy!                                                                                                                                                                              
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

Pillions can't do it because it tips the bike over!!!     Try visualising me in spangly silver leggings, a tight spangly top, BIG hair and more make-up than yer mum.... put me on stage with three other equally amazingly-attired fellas and you have my Saturday nights of last year!!     For those not following - Glam Rock tribute band. The Sweet, Mud, Showaddywaddy, Alvin Stardust, Gary Glitter, The Bay City Rollers..... They all had NOTHING on us!!!!     Marc Bolan kinda rules, though :D                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

gary's comin home!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

gary's comin home!!!   yehhhhhhhhhh lock up yr kids !!     ahhh tt.. that brings back memories.. wheres mi tartan scarf...and mi 4" platforms and 4-button-waistband-side-pocket-baggies?!?!?!?   ooops.... i was a punk rocker really.. not a glam rocker...honest Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                               
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

The only Gary coming home is Gary Numan!!   There are certain songs the band can no longer play, thanks to Mr. Glitter's activities...... bastard!!                                                                                                                                                                                 
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

This is the drawback of full face lids... you can't pull faces at the kids in the car next to you... *sighs*

Haven't done the YMCA thing, but will store that idea for later :o)))

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I've found alot of waving is between particular styles of bike. I ride a chop and waved at loads of sports bikes with very very few waves back. Even the local mag crowd turned their collective snotty noses up when i turned up one night. All except 2 dudes who were chatty as anything. Seems like snobbery exists among us.
SP's Profile
SP

In: Weston Super Mar

Then they can't be from the old schooling then RD                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Never bothered going back SP,even ignored my mate on his 125. We all had to start somewhere.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Never bothered going back SP,even ignored my mate on his 125. We all had to start somewhere.                                                                                                                                                                             
SP's Profile
SP

Yeh right there.  I nod or hand up to every rider that passes me.                                                                                                                                                                             
SP's Profile
SP

There was a time that if you had stopped somewhere, and was haveing a potch at you bike, and another biker came along,  he or she would stop and try to help you.   Dont see that today.  Not often anyway.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Dont see that today. Not often anyway.

I've been known to stop and offer assistance... & I'm not even on a bike... yet!

Once chased a bloke's mate a few miles up the A2 - in a world of his own, not realising he'd left his buddy stranded at the side of the road... caught him too... thankfully he was on a trike, otherwise I'd never have caught up with him ;o)

I was sorted for beers and bodyguards for months and months after that - bless 'em :o) Every time they turned up at the pub I was working in. Cool guys... Wonder if they're still about...

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7813 seconds. There are 930 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption