May Be Easter - 3rd - 6th May

84 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 28/04/2024 19:30:19 by SlowGoose | Go to original / last post
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

Half a pound of Stilton & six pints of Guinness is smelly the following day.
Still, I was left alone that day πŸ˜…                                                                                                                                                                             
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

Seeing as I won't be travelling up on the bike I can offer a lift anyone going along the A1 (M1) route. I'll be leaving on the Friday morning & returning on the Sunday.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

If you're in the car you can be 'taxi up the hill' No 2 for Friday's BBQ Oggy.
I'll ensure Friday's ride out is car friendly - so minimal traffic and junctions, and wiggly bits that can be appreciated by all.                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

Now I'm confused Steve.. I thought the rideouts would be Saturday and SundayπŸ€”                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Ah, yes, that's because I'm an idiot.
BBQ Friday, rides Saturday and Sunday.                                                                                                                                                                             
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

I'm happy to do that Steve πŸ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Can I call shotgun 🀣🀣🀣                                                                                                                                                                             
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

πŸ‘
Absolutely.                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Cheers OggyπŸ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

No worries. We'll have to arrange a meet up for a beer or two soon.                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Yep.. Are you going to be back at work now the docs have given the go ahead?                                                                                                                                                                             
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

Probably around the middle of March, just got to have an MRI to ensure everything's ok.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Eek, 7 weeks to go!!!
No panic plenty of time πŸ™‚

More seriously if you are thinking of coming along and haven't sorted yourself some accommodation yet you had better do so. There are two pubs, various B&B's and two decent campsites.
If anyone is coming up longer than the weekend let me know. There is a lot of good walking, riding and sheep fondling.

Eating
Friday is communal BBQ night followed by a pleasant stroll back to the village.
The other nights you're on your own. If you want to eat in either the Forresters or the Teesdale pubs you will need to book as they will be busy. Dale View campsite has a pub, there is also a chippy, a pizza place and a few cafes in the village.

Riding
Usual disclaimer about being legal etc. It's also a good idea to have recovery, we're out in the sticks up here.
Saturday's ride out will be the usual easy 150 mile affair. I'll try and avoid the traffic but it been May I'm expecting a but more than usual.
Sunday's ride is usually a bit shorter.
All rides will be L plate / small bike / scooter friendly, if you want to play on the motorway you're on your own.
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

Looking forward to it.
Unfortunately won't be able to join the rides this year, hopefully next year though, if I'm still in the country.                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Definitely looking forward to a foray northwards... Just got to avoid those "Lookout Lambs" 🀣                                                                                                                                                                             
SusiPop's Profile
SusiPop

In: Selby
48% Karma48% Karma 48% Karma48% Karma

Looking forward to this too. I am happy to lead the ride from Squires on the Friday for anyone wishing to join our merry throng. The ice cream stop mentioned by Dynax is Brymor Ice cream parlour and very nice it is too. Me, Linz, Shaz and Frank have the same cottage as last year and Mandy and Dave are booked in one of the pubs. Fingers crossed for nice biking and bbq weather. Woohoo bring it on xx
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

I'm booked in at the Teesdale and aim to meet up at Squires if you give me a time to aim for Susi πŸ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
SusiPop's Profile
SusiPop

In: Selby
48% Karma48% Karma 48% Karma48% Karma

We have aimed for 12 noon in the past to grab a light lunch and aim to arrive around 4pm. Time to settle in before the bbq 😁😁😁                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Sounds good to me Susi πŸ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

About this "adulting/maturity" thing, I have been reliably informed that if you haven't grown up by the time your 50 you don't have to.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7334 seconds. There are 842 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption