Can you survive a camping weekend without WiFi?

39 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 05/06/2021 21:49:33 by Steve_H | Go to original / last post
SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

As I don't feel the need to check my phone every 5 minutes then yes, I can live without WiFi                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

I couldn't even survive a camping weekend never mind one without WiFi πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

errrrrrrrrrr no                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Aww c'mon KC, you know you'd love it really! πŸ˜‰                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Izzy anymore news on this one yet ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Wifi free sound ideal...the internet is no friend of mine..plus if I want to look at a screen I dont need to go anywhere..lol..πŸ™‚                                                                                                                                                                             
Winchester's Profile
Winchester

In: Holbeach
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

I totally agree. I guess some of us like to get away from it all while others want to bring it all with them πŸ€”                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

No WiFi or phone coverage is fine by me, chances are there will be a connection in the local pub.
There is a local pub isn't there?                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Can ye no read Steve? No local hostelry, you'll need to bring in your favourite tipple.
Linz, and everyone, does 2nd weekend in July (9-11th) suit? I'll check if the site requires booking.
If you're interested, bear in mind it's an extra 80-ish miles (1.5 hours) from Gretna but still better than having to get up past Loch Lomond!
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

I will endeavour to get my jollies booked Fri 9th - Mon 12th Izzy. Sounds like a cracking time is on the cardsπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜ (Monday for recovery 😲)                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

W-w-what?? NO PUB? I can feel a panic attack coming on.
Ooo alright them, I'll bring me own beers and other victuals.
9th to 11th July is fine with me.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Me names down and rhe camp emailed. Thanks for sorting it Izzy.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Pitch booked! 😁.
Face on Events CalendarπŸ‘πŸ»
Looking forward to it - Thanks for organising Izzy. 😊                                                                                                                                                                             
Twinhead's Profile
Twinhead

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Well folks I have only just been given a modern mobile phone with internet access so even used a normal little pay as you go phone for years running my business without any trouble and it stays charged up for two weeks. Get really cheesed off when chatting to somebody and their phone goes off and they cut me off dead whilst on the damm phone. Find it extremely rude and love places where the phone signal does not work. Once high up in the Rockies in winter there was a chap ordering Pizza nearly 12,000 ft up so that his order would be ready a couple of hours later in the town below. Could not even get away from the things up in the mountains. Humans have managed for a few thousand years to date without them. Moan over. Happy with fresh cold water and a basin to wash in.
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

I'll see you all next year by using this thread as an announcement and example.

Now the authorities have locked us down again in Kirklees West Yorkshire.

Hope you all have a great summer πŸ‘β˜ΉοΈπŸ˜‘                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Oh gawd NO!🀬😢😲. Please tell me you're joking YM. πŸ™

I've booked a table for lunch at Jem Speed on Bank Holiday Monday! Grrrrr! *Stomps off*                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

Apparently it's only advisory at the moment. Enforcement is another question?

The rules were released, without any clarity or transparency on Friday, with local authorities and people finding out much later. Apparently second hand from journalists and not from a government statement. Crazy man ☹️

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/kirklees-border-lines-you-should-20669971

So confusion reigns and what kind of restriction is unknown. This as been implemented in other areas too in the UK and is connected to the Indian variant. It's so 😑😑 because we/I have conformed to past restrictions and like myself have sacrificed and have had their vaccine too. Thinking that things were seemingly lifting, with the government's roadmap and that things were going to get better and open up more. Now this 😑

Don't mean to be a killjoy Lindsay, but I would double check with Jem Speed first just incase. With a bit of luck hopefully you'll be okay, but.....πŸ™
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Whats yfi                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

This might help clarify things:
https://www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19/                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5781 seconds. There are 797 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption