Can you survive a camping weekend without WiFi?

39 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 05/06/2021 21:49:33 by Steve_H | Go to original / last post
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Danny says no, everyone wants WiFi - or at least a phone signal!
Would it make any difference, and the reason I'm asking, if said campsite has a campers kitchen with a range and a bothy with table and armcahirs, allows (and provides) firepits, is in a dark sky park and has some great riding around and about?
I have read that it does have WiFi, but that could just be for the glamping options so would need to be checked.
Another consideration is that its' remoteness means no nearby hostelries so you'd need for bring in your food and favourite tipple and use that bothy.
Thoughts please, what are your camp site deal breakers??
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

I'm in without WiFi πŸ‘πŸ» if I can get a pilly. It sounds fab!

Decided, I'm defo going to this one, I'll drive up and bring my gear in case I can peg a ride with someone. I assume there will be a rideout or two?

I will also fill the boot with my trusty pal Jack n lots of goodies!

Give me a shout if you need me to bring anything with me Izzy!
Cupid Stunt's Profile
Cupid Stunt

In: Hope Valley
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

If you can't post a photo of it on social media, has it really happened? πŸ€”                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Is that not the whole point of escaping? No WiFi, no phone signal would be even better :P Can send some smoke signals if there's trouble!
And hello Izzy *waves* I've had your name mentioned as the woman in charge of the northern hooligans ;)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It’s good to reconnect with nature every now and again, you can always take photos and post them when you’re back home.                                                                                                                                                                             
Winchester's Profile
Winchester

In: Holbeach
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

No WiFi sounds great to me, no phone signal would be even better. Back to the 80s anyone?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

A weekend without Wi-Fi sounds like bliss. Even better if there was no 3/4G!                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

I wouldn't take my ex-wifie anyway..!!                                                                                                                                                                             
BikerNess69's Profile
BikerNess69

In: Wolverhampton

I could sure handle that. But then I spent a year without a phone at all. So no fussed either way and im not on any social media really

😁😁                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I can always walk half mile up the hill. Occasionally lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Philswanz's Profile
Philswanz

In: Swansea
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Sounds really good to me where is this place ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Unless WiFi zaps then little pesky midges, I see no use for it on a camping trip. πŸ€”                                                                                                                                                                             
Winchester's Profile
Winchester

I thought WiFi was the smell you get if you're camping near cow dung πŸ•οΈπŸ„πŸ‚                                                                                                                                                                             
Gallowglass's Profile
Gallowglass

In: Hertford

Lead me to it- I go to rallies for the Craic, not to spend my time peering at a screen.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

A phone signal is very handy if you have a problem in the middle of nowhere                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Agree Jp. Seems site does wifi or something that resembles it. Site is down gatehouse of fleet area. We're gonna ride down and check it oot first. Maybe put up a date ltr                                                                                                                                                                             
Kracken's Profile
Kracken

In: London

count me in for no wifi! :)

Winchester's Profile
Winchester

Perhaps we need a field where the WiFi only serves half of it πŸ€”                                                                                                                                                                             
GHW's Profile
GHW

In: Black Country
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

To be honest, I've never given it a thought.
I wasn't really aware that WiFi was available on campsites . . . what a sheltered life I've led :)

Winchester's Profile
Winchester

You're probabillly to busy on the campsite enjoying yourself to feel the need to tell all and sundry about it πŸ€”                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 1004 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption