Planet Rock

25 Posts | Latest reply on 07/03/2008 10:03:20 by dragon | Go to original / last post
lcotgrave's Profile
lcotgrave

In: Birkenhead
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I only caught a bit of the news this morning, as I was getting ready for work, so maybe I heard it wrong.   Is it true we have lost planet rock, the radio station                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

At this moment in time it's still on line L C                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve55's Profile
Steve55

In: Heckmondwike

I just heard a bit of the news this morning saying that the Classic FM company that runs some of the digital stations is closing some down, did not catch all the station names - I know The Jazz was mentioned (only because I sometimes listen to that lol.) I will look around the news sites and see.
lcotgrave's Profile
lcotgrave

Good, Planet Rock is what you listen to when you are either to tired or to pissed to put a cd on. Great Station                                                                                                                                                                               
Steve55's Profile
Steve55

www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2008/02/11/bcngcap.xml                                                                                                                                                                             
lcotgrave's Profile
lcotgrave

That was very informative ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve55's Profile
Steve55

Sorry don't know what happened to that!!! lol                                                                                                                                                                             
lcotgrave's Profile
lcotgrave

Aw s**t happens   Thanks Steve for taking the trouble to find that out for me.   RIP Jazz and Planet Rock and thank you for all the great listening you given to me.                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

The UK's largest commercial radio broadcaster, GCap Media, has axed its two digital radio stations after admitting the medium had not matched up to expectations. Planet Rock and theJazz will close as GCap today said it will focus on its FM brands - including Classic FM and Capital 95.8 - instead. Chief executive Fru Hazlitt labelled digital radio as "economically unviable" and also announced plans to sell its stake in national digital radio platform Digital One. GCap has lost patience after spending £8million in the last financial year on digital radio, which accounts for 9 per cent of all radio listeners. The company has 15 million FM listeners and Ms Hazlitt said: "FM is the backbone of the radio industry and we believe it compares favourably to any of the digital platforms currently available to the consumer in terms of quality. It is also the source of the majority of our revenue."                                                                                                                                                                              
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington

I've been doing a bit of digging and I've sent some choice comments to GcapMedia who operate Planet Rock telling them how appaled I was at their actions.  Thought if more people do the same, then they may think about what they are doing (I guess money talks though, rather than public demand!!)   Go to http://corporate.gcapmedia.com/index.php?id=12 and let them know how you feel.                                                                                                                                                                                   
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

Thanks for that mate. One more email winging its way.                                                                                                                                                                              
rattler's Profile
rattler

In: Liverpool

Bummer! That's what I always listen to when I'm on my PC :(. Will have to go online and search for a station I heard when on holiday in Florida. There's a brilliant classic rock staion based in Orlando. Time to trawl the net.....                                                                                                                                                                             
lcotgrave's Profile
lcotgrave

Loads of Emails being sent from myself and people here in Birkenhead.                                                                                                                                                                             
missteek's Profile
missteek

In: Gloucester

I still got planet rock.Great station.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

You've got to the end of next month, according to my paper                                                                                                                                                                             
jeff903's Profile
jeff903

In: leicester
45% Karma45% Karma 45% Karma45% Karma

Thanks for the link....email on its way.                                                                                                                                                                             
Mr Shaggy's Profile
Mr Shaggy

In: hampshire

another email on its way !!!!!!!!!   MR Shaggy                                                                                                                                                                             
Suzuki_bob's Profile
Suzuki_bob

In: Newcastle

small bit of info I heard on Planet Rock while listening to Rick Wakemans saturday slot. He said that they had recieved loads of e-mails and plans where a foot to save it or something.                                                                                                                                                                             
Scary's Profile
Scary

In: Somerset

I hope so. I can't do my housework without it!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
dragon's Profile
dragon

In: notts

Me tooooo scary Cool   Another e-mail on its way Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 588 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption