NEW FEATURE: Forums v2

77 Posts | Latest reply on 24/11/2016 21:43:35 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

JP are you using phone or PC?
What kind of device?
What browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome etc)

Does it look ok on another device for you?

Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
22% Karma22% Karma 22% Karma22% Karma

Matt, check out the post by Wills in the Squires xmas lunch thread. When people try to add their names to the list it doesn't so much post them as merge them into an unitelligible mess. We need bullet points back.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

laptop works fine but problem is mobile phone I have a HTC.
Cut and paste works on my laptop for the squires christmas dinner

Matt's Profile
Matt

Copy/paste works fine. That's a function not specific to the website but to individual browsers.

Lists are a HTML feature no longer available.  I'll see if i can put them back in but I doubt it.

Best thing you can do is just put an arrow or hyphen at the start of each line, like this...

>Item 1
>Item 2
-Item 3
-Item 4
1) Etc
2) You see?
3) Tra la la.
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

This really doesn't work on my mobile a HTC one
 On the plus side I can use a icon now

Matt's Profile
Matt

Hey mate, when you say "this" what do you mean exactly?  What happens?                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Trying to write a post the cursor is very big and the letters do not show up and it only seems to work once I've hit the shift button a couple of times and more the once the post reply button isn't there.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

ok that's just weird Disapprove  Should work just fine on all basic-but-modern browsers.
Nothing from 10 years ago for example.

Try installing Chrome as a browser on your phone. Works perfect.

Matt's Profile
Matt

little update: Fixed a bug that allowed people to post into old forum topics or topics that had been locked by a moderator.  Now the "Post Reply" box will give an information message                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

And another update... 
Everyone will be able to use the forums and chatroom for the first 90 days after they join BM.

I want to see if this gets the forums/chatroom more active WITHOUT spammers posting crap all over the place.

Please remember to report any posts which require attentions from the moderators.

Thanks
Matt
Matt's Profile
Matt

JP, I've made some changes to the font size around the site when viewed on mobiles.

Can you please tell me if that has fixed your problem?

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Someone has managed to break the " my posts " bit already , its not showing up Shocked x

Matt's Profile
Matt

Where do you mean? On the forums search or on your personal profile? What does it show you?

On the forums it'll only show if you're logged in

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

On the forums , but its back now x

Matt's Profile
Matt

Silly bug fixed which caused the forum search results to be hidden on mobile devices if there was only 1 page of results.

Actually took me ages to figure out what the hell was happening - then I had to kick myself when I found it.  Beer

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

There used to be an icon against the forum topics indicating that you'd posted in a particular thread.
I don't miss it in the games and general chat forums, but it did help to highlight new posts in the Newbies forum that I hadn't posted a welcome reply to, and it was useful to follow threads in Events & Rides Out that I'd posted in.
Don't know if it's an all-or-nothing forum fix or if anyone else found it useful - any comments????
Matt's Profile
Matt

I'll look into it for you.

There's a checkbox now on the forum filters so you can find your own posts, but it doesn't work the opposite way (showing you topics you haven't posted in).

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7656 seconds. There are 790 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption