dvla

23 Posts | Latest reply on 28/11/2015 19:22:56 by stutts | Go to original / last post
stutts's Profile
stutts

In: hampshire
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

ok here goes got a letter telling me im not insured,,phoned insurance company and they said my insurance is live and fine,sent copies to dvla,recorded delivery,week later another letter they have contacted my insurers and im not insured fine stands,phoned insurance company ,insurance fine and live ,and they have had no contact from dvla.  what next                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Sounds like a day in court to me or its a good scam dvla cant fine you for no ins only the court can do that

stutts's Profile
stutts

,insured but dvla say im not and are fining me 100.00                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

DVLA are not a court dont pay tell them you will see them in court and you will be claiming costs lost earnings  Also £100.00 for no insurance ?? keep going and what about the 6 points. That must be a scam

stutts's Profile
stutts

just paid 4.00 on website to MID motor insurance database and checked and all my bikes come back as insured                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Just a thought Stutts, but is it possible someone's copied your plates and is riding around with them on a similar model?

JP's Profile
JP

Im about to get a slap. Are you blonde by any chance PB ?                                                                                                                                                                              
stutts's Profile
stutts

pb they would be uninsured too

but hey thanks for making me laugh,    jp lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

JP - I never slap - I have other methods. Wink*>:) devil

Stutts - yes I know they'd be uninsured and probably not taxed either - but if they've copied your plates they wouldn't care would they.

davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

PB, if insurance doesn't appear on DVLA data base, you get a fine whether the vehicle is on the road or not.

Normally DVLA send a warning before a fine is implimented.

It could be that your insurance company is at fault for not registering your insurance early enough with DVLA. In which case they have broken the law.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Stutts your being scammed mate.

Insurance has nothing to do with DVLA.

Go down to your local Plod shop I'm sure CID would love the info.

stutts's Profile
stutts

stuie ..deffinately not a scam,
have sent dvla all info by recorded delivery and an invoice for my time.
have also had a police friend of mine come round and put number plate through his car ANPR which come back clean,
will be pursuing this through court system if invoice to DVLA not paid within 7 days will let you know

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

So how comes the DVLA are fining you for not insuring a vehicle. It's only an offence to to use on a highway with out insurance not own with out insurance.

Even so it's either the local highways agency or local police force that prosecutes for driving with no insurance not the DVLA.

Still smells like a scam, I'd still pop around to the police and have a chat.

Good luck. And don't hand over any money with out speaking to a solicitor or majistrate.
Reidster's Profile
Reidster

In: Bolton
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Hmmmmmmm be  careful  out there  -  ok  how  is this  -  M6 last  year - pulled  over  by Traffic Car  0300hrs  driving  back from London for no insurance on  his  ANPR  -  all  documents are  with  me   EVERYTHING   -  ut still  the was  car taken  off me on the spot  self  and family  left  at motorway service  area  and PREVENTED  from removing luggage  from the car.......The  reason   -  ANPR  database  rules  supreme.
The only  way  it could  have been  avoided  would have been  to have carried  PROOF  OF PAYMENT  -  we now  pay allinsurance  off the credit card and  keep the  statement copy as well

SO  -  not  quite the  same  as  your  position but the point is  that  carrying  all  docs is no  longer  enough  you must  carry proof  of  payment  this  arose  when I modded the car insurance and dropped  of  the MID  database  for 3 days  and got  nailed  for  something  that I was  later  NOT  convicted  for....  

For  your  DVLA  problem  I  have learnt  something  and had no idea  they could do that  !!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

if bike or car are not insured they must be off street and sorn declared or you get a fined now from dvla                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

FACT - the ANPR database DOESN'T RULE supreme, there have been numerous cases where people have had their day in court and proven that the database is infallible.

Unfortunately a lot of Police officers are trained to think that it's GOD's (ANPR) word that if it comes back saying the vehicle has a 'mark' against it then it must be illegal.

The database is updated not every day, or every time someone insures their vehicle.  It's updated every so many days in between, and if you happen to drive your vehicle before your one of many in a batch of updates that need to be done, you can inadvertently be one that's vehicle isn't just yet registered 'clean'.... If you follow what I'm trying to say?

Me personally I would have my day in court, let the DVLA take you to court, they should have a representative (DVLA) that turns up to give prosecuting evidence.  Show up and present at the court every piece of paper/evidence you have that you have proof of insurance/etc.
I'm betting once you prove that the Judge will tell the DVLA rep to go back and learn how to do their job properly.

Ohh... and the idea of invoicing the DVLA for your time, you need to ask the Court to take that into account and ask for a ruling against the DVLA if they agree with your account, and ask for it to be recorded as your evidence, otherwise the DVLA will basically ignore your invoice if you issue it personally.

If you've lost a fair amount in costs, the only other option is go get a 'debt agency' to go to DVLA and chase them up.  I've known people who've done it and got their money back.Good luck with your fight Thumbs Up

The DVLA couldn't run a P...S up in a pub if they even had official advice.On a separate note not to do with your predicament, I've spent over a year fighting DVLA because they didn't know their arse from their elbow! Angry                                                                                                                                                                              
stutts's Profile
stutts

thanks for info yes im am going to court with the dvla,and will be claimimg costs .
will let you know the outcome                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

Reidster the police have NO power to stop you removing your personal property from any car they are impounding from anybody if they do it is being taking property without the owners consent, THEFT ! unless it is being help as evidence for a possible future court case then they have to issue you with a receipt. 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Good luck Stutts                                                                                                                                                                             
Reidster's Profile
Reidster

In: Bolton
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4536023
COMMENT  ON SORN  AND INSURANCE  -  it  IS linked
Update  on the rules  - since  2011  the  DVLA  also  take  an interest  if  you are  NOT  insured  and have  failed to SORN                                                                                                                                                                                

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9375 seconds. There are 588 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption