More of an announcement than chat .... subject: @stuie.

67 Posts | Latest reply on 05/10/2013 07:57:15 by Karey | Go to original / last post
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

I have been waiting for the go ahead to post the following for the past 17 days... Some of you are already aware of what i am about to say, and i would like to say a huge thank you to you guys for your kindness,support and understanding during this time. Both Stu n I want you to know how much we appreciate the fact that you did what was asked n kept this off forum threads until the time was right. You are top mates n we love ya! Anyway... Stu has been in The Royal Brompton Hospital in London for the last 17 days having had major heart surgery. For a considerable amount of time after the surgery he was in ICU heavily sedated and things were looking extremely bleak. However on Tuesday afternoon this week, he was brought out of sedation, unplugged from masses of machines n medications n after only one day was moved into HDU. Since then he has made great progress n has sat out of bed, begun the process of learning how to walk, eat, use his arms and hands, (oh yeah his voice too!) so much so that he has now been moved onto a gen pop ward. The medical care team are astonished by his turn around and things are looking brighter. He will have a very long physical n emotional journey to endure but he is feeling that he will get there. Stu asked me to say that although he hasnt been on bm very long, he feels he has made good mates and everyone he has met/chatted to over the past three months or so have been great people. He misses you all and cant wait to catch up with you all, just as soon as he can operate his laptop or ipad. He is struggling by with his mobile to make calls but is unable to text atm. Also he said if any of you are in the 'area' n fancy dropping in to say hi you would be more than welcome (bring pizza!). Due to the fact he is struggling with technology atm if you do want to call in to see him, let me know n i will give you details of ward etc. Sorry for the length of this post but this is a shortened version of the whole situ. Lol. The upshot of all this is that he will be a long time recovering but he WILL BE BACK! Thanks once more to you guys for protecting his privacy n for propping me up along the way. You are all absolute STARS!
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Fantastic news Linz Thumbs Up   I hope Stuie continues to recover at the same astonishing rate Approve   You can be sure that your new "family" will be there for you both Hug     I'm hoping youll be well enough for Xmas lunch with us Stuie Ermm Brightest Blessings Big smile                                                                                                                                                                               
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

I thought it was something serious with him like man flu not heartburn. Hope to see you about soon stui remember to take your meds. ( Take 2 nurses 3 times a day )                                                                                                                                                                             
Inspector Gadget's Profile
Inspector Gadget

In: Oxon
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Here's to Stuie's speedy recovery, your in our thoughts and prayers mate and to Linz for being strong. God bless you both xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

In: Colne

Very best wishes & a very speedy recovery Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
rustychick's Profile
rustychick

In: Herts
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

Wishing a speedy recovery. Keep getting better mate.
And linz your a star.
Big xhugsx to ya both.                                                                                                                                                                             
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

seeeee i told you so but you all doom and gloomy burd pmsl but no seriously me and russ send all our love and hugs and we will see him soon am sure and will see you sunday Thumbs Up when you speak to him give him big hugs and kisses from me and russ and tell him we were there with you both every step of the way.oh and tell him not to get frustrated recovery takes time and if he dont behave i will slap his legs LOLWink                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Yayyyyy does that mean I can take the gag off now?? LOL

That's absolutely brilliant news about Stuie!  I know it's been a very worrying time for you Linz and Stuie's family, but he's coming out the other side now and he will soon be back on form.

Tell him to hurry up 'cos we're all missing him and his long long long legsLOL

Big hugs to you both Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Here's hoping Stuie makes a full and speedy recovery, Keep your chin up GBNP and please pass on my best wishes to the man himself.

66                                                                                                                                                                             
myotherworld's Profile
myotherworld

In: birmingham

Very best wishes & a very speedy recovery Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

That's really good news Linz Big smile.
I met you both of you at Kareys birthday bash at Squires. It was nice to be able to sit and talk to both of you. You are both lovely people and deserve each other. I wish Stu a speedy recovery. Hug
Let me know when I need to buy a new hat. Big smileParty                                                                                                                                                                              
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Hey guys!

Thank you for the good wishes n lovely comments, i will pass them onto stu, n no doubt it wont be long before he is abe to responf himself!

@jp, he will love that prescription .. i dont think he will have a prob with that! Lmao. Xx
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

hugs xx to you and  Stuie  hope he home with you soon and is feeling better everyday                                                                                                                                                                              
ninjaboy's Profile
ninjaboy

In: derbyshire
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

get well stuie, and do as your told, you know the women are always right, (says with tongue in cheek ) take care mate

old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Speedy recovery Stuie, aint had the opportunity to meet you yet but will remedy that when you're well enough.                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerken's Profile
bikerken

In: newport shropshi

get well soon Stuie and speak to you when you get home Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Hey Everyone!

Stu phoned me this evening, he was feeling good, and was really chatty and positive.  He is coming on in leaps and bounds the doctors are astounded by how well he is doing, so fingers crossed ... 

He did ask me to pass on the following;

...tell everyone that their wishes and banter are really appreciated.  The friends I have made on there (BM) are fab.. really good mates.  It feels great to know that I have so much support from everyone.  

He has been struggling to type (his fine motor skills were really bad but are now improving) but can manage to respond to PM's.. it takes him ages but he gets there... no doubt with his tongue sticking out whilst concentrating on typing!! LOLLOL

Moving forward more quickly than expected so you never know he may well be back properly on line before you can say ... Oh My God, it's that strange, freakily tall bloke with the funny face!

Once more guys, thanks for your support.  I was amazed at the Matlock ride out day yesterday how many of you came and asked where he was... Obviously those of you in the know were very, very good at keeping it quiet as promised... Top Banana!  Thumbs Up

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Glad he is on the mend lady xxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Thanks BJ... you are a Star (that includes the rest of you Mods too!Wink)  I can't thank you enough for your help, we are both truly grateful for your helpClapThumbs UpHug                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Pleasure that's what we are here for, that and annoying Jen lol                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 555 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption