6th Anual Margate meltdown 27th May 2013

60 Posts | Latest reply on 06/06/2013 01:15:16 by xj | Go to original / last post
xj's Profile
xj

In: London
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

And i didn't even use my satnav. I got lost all of my own volition. Yaaaaaaaaay.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

LOL @ the comments in this thread   Thanks for the photos AndySimmo   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/gallery/gallery.asp?event_id=3972                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

Sorry Sandi, I have only just realised I didn't download my photo's. I will get right on it now Big smile   All done Thumbs Up   The last few were fromWhitsable where we took a slight detour on the way back. Whitstable hasn't really changed much from the 50's                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

Only you would know that David

davidneale's Profile
davidneale

My dad told me Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Thanks for the photos David, nice one of you, and a nice one of our newcomer What's Ordinary?   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/gallery/gal...2&page=     Who is the other female? and who is the camera shy fella?   Did all those with their name down turn up?                                                                                                                                                                               
xj's Profile
xj

yes, just who is that  good looking, suave, sophisticated handsome young man who is a trifle camera shy?
   toast looks nice though.  Tongue

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

Sandi,   Pretty well ever one on this forum met up. I am not sure about others on the events page, there were so many people there it would have been difficult to spot them.   The other woman in the photos is the wife of Andsimmo's friend who was also there. I don't think they are BM members but they are a very nice couple and made good company.   You obviously now know who was behind the toast. He thinks being photographed takes away part of his soul. Not the ones on his bike boots Big smile   It was a brilliant day and plenty of sunshine Approve                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

You obviously now know who was behind the toast. He thinks being photographed takes away part of his soul.   I didn't know xj is a gypsy/traveller/Romany (it is them who think that way isn't it, or am I confuddled again?) If he knows what a diddikai is he's a Romany, or well read, or both, lol   Ta for explaining David                                                                                                                                                                              
xj's Profile
xj

Diddikai, or maybe a diddicoy if i am disingenious.

The belief a photo captures part of your soul stems from the belief that a mirror will reflect your soul, leading to a belief that an image of yourself is actualy of your soul, so a when you are photographed and the photo is taken away, a part of your soul goes with it.

My personal belief is nowhere near as spiritual as that. I believe that in photos the image portrayed of myself is that of a complete dork. Toast is much more photogenic.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Many a true word has been spoken in jest xj...LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Oh my goodness I really truly believe that a photo captures part of your soul and part of your soul goes with it.  Have done for years!

I buckled to pressure on here to put upload a photo.. its the first one taken in 22 years, Im hoping that 22 years of dodging cameras will see me in good stead for at least another year or two given that I gave in and succumbed to the monster of the picture box.

LOL

davidneale's Profile
davidneale

Nice one Mark, well said.   I think most people don't like seeing there own photos. It's the same with hearing your own voice. Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
xj's Profile
xj

i don't think it takes part of my soul, it just erodes the self delusion of being a suave, sophisticated, debonair good looking bastid which unfortunately is both crucial and integral to my physical and mental wellbeing.

Maybe see you at farmyard gotbike, we can get pissed and discuss soul vs lifeforce.
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Sounds like a plan ... Wink but only if it involves copious amounts of Jack Daniels !   See you there xj!                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

I feel i must insist on a little decorum here. It simply had to be pimms or nothing i'm afraid.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Rofl! Pimms ... Sounds like you have very 'sophisticated' tastes. Must remember to look out for a gentleman wearing a smoking jacket n a cravat ((tee hee))                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

so good to see everyone had a great time at Margate.
Now all we need to do is repeat the exercise at another event soon!                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

i do hope that if i were perambulating in the park with a jacket which was positively smoking some jolly good chap would let me know forthwith so the problem could be speedily rectified by the application of a fire extinguisher to said article of clothing.
  i sincerely have no wish whatsoever for con-flagrant peregrination, it can be, i am assured very detrimental to one's well being.
       Big smile LOL Big smile  Geek

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8281 seconds. There are 586 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption